Yet another pricing question (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I sell at invoice and don’t budge. But very hard to keep them in stock, even selling one a week +. Typically a rural dealer out of the large metros are less, but then your probably looking at a vehicle with flat spots on the tires and rusty rotors. May be worth it. Just don’t ask questions, they won’t know the answers.

Also, I sell Toyota Care warranties for $100 over cost to Mud guys, just pm me. You can go 10yrs/125k Miles or anything in between depending what you drive. I sell Zurich ones on modified vehicles because I can authorize overrides. Same with PrePaid Maintenance. It’s $100 profit over my cost, will net you 30% savings over paying out of pocket over 60 months.

Third row comes out easy, but not easy to store. They’re pretty heavy and no good place to keep them. Outback drawers come in different heights for 200s. I would say the dogs would not be able to stand or get in easy from the tailgate.

Check with your bank or credit union for service plans and extended warranty plans. Significant savings thru mine

I got a 2018 white/Terra in Los Angeles a few months ago for $74,500. We haggled the hell out of the dealership. We had one in San Diego asking $100,000. If you have time there are good deals.

$100k?????
In my town???
That is absolutely nuts.
Which dealership??

I sell Zurich ones on modified vehicles because I can authorize overrides. Same with PrePaid Maintenance. It’s $100 profit over my cost, will net you 30% savings over paying out of pocket over 60 months.

You just answered the question I was curious about re your pre-sale modification projects. Wondered how that worked with warranty.

Re other candid comments (thank you for an injection of dealer sanity!)...
-Would love if other T dealers were as straight-shooting as you.

You just answered the question I was curious about re your pre-sale modification projects. Wondered how that worked with warranty.

Re other candid comments (thank you for an injection of dealer sanity!)...
-Would love if other T dealers were as straight-shooting as you.
Interesting about Zurich, because most aftermarket warranties usually have so many exclusions that using aftermarket tire valve stem caps will cause a warranty denial on an engine malfunction. That's why I generally only buy manufacturer backed warranties - that also makes payment for services at the dealership seamless.

Another two questions prompted by these answers - If I get the 11 inch ARB drawers, then why would that make it difficult for a dog to get in? Wouldn't they just jump up on the tailgate and then up the drawer? What am I overlooking? I would also think that there would be space to stand up (for the 75lb German Shepherd) just from eyeballing it. Taller drawers would certainly make it difficult.

The second question - is the A/C in the back sufficient to evenly cool the car - especially in the far back where the dog is? The 2010 we drove had upgraded A/C that kept the inside as cold as a freezer, but we didn't have a dog back there.

One year ago purcahsed 2016 used with 14.4K miles for 62K. I had been waiting for local dealer to call me about 2 or 3 year used LC for 4+ months. I got called first looked it over bought it. They had 7 people in waiting list and 3 of those with appointments to look at it the next day if I did not take it. So good luck with your purchase.

I appreciate the responses. I think this will replace (as a third car - but will used a lot more) my mom's 2001 Lexus RX-300 (with 34k miles - anybody interested? She is 95 and drives to the store a mile down the road about once a month and now hasn't driven in a while). I hate the RX for one significant reason - it has the turning radius of an oversized 18 wheeler. Consumer Reports measured it at 44ft (the LC is 38ft and change) and that is curb to curb, not wall to wall.

I figure that for the near future the TSX wagon will do nicely for my daily commute and the LC will do for everything else.

Are there any differences between the 2016/17/18/19? From what I can tell there are zero differences. Any differences in the equivalent Lexus over the years?

Do the 3rd row seats remove without issues (i.e. leaving unsightly holes or rattly panels)?

I'd say one big difference, at least for the 2019 LX, is that you can get it without the 3rd row.

I appreciate the responses. I think this will replace (as a third car - but will used a lot more) my mom's 2001 Lexus RX-300 (with 34k miles - anybody interested? She is 95 and drives to the store a mile down the road about once a month and now hasn't driven in a while). I hate the RX for one significant reason - it has the turning radius of an oversized 18 wheeler. Consumer Reports measured it at 44ft (the LC is 38ft and change) and that is curb to curb, not wall to wall.

I figure that for the near future the TSX wagon will do nicely for my daily commute and the LC will do for everything else.

I had a 05 TSX sedan; I miss that car, really should have kept it. Wouldn't mind getting a 6spd manual TSX one of these days. One of the last good cars Acura built before they went downhill. I was also on Acurazine, can't say I miss that forum. Drama nearly every single post.

Your TSX Wagon is fairly rare; I would keep it if financially possible since the LC has dismal mpg, though having 2 vehicles = double the maintenance, insurance, and upkeep costs. 1st world problems for sure.

The second question - is the A/C in the back sufficient to evenly cool the car - especially in the far back where the dog is? The 2010 we drove had upgraded A/C that kept the inside as cold as a freezer, but we didn't have a dog back there.

I have a malamute and I bought the LC specifically to keep her cool back there. I point all vents on her and crank down the rear ac to max fan and low temp. It's cold!

Additionally, I chose not to get drawers so that my dog could walk around comfortably. She can still see out the windows and keeping her lower also keeps her safer (to an extent).

I'd say one big difference, at least for the 2019 LX, is that you can get it without the 3rd row.
Good point, but does that front end ever grow on you? I remember when Audi went with the big grill (to meet Euro pedestrian safety rules) everybody hated it, but it grew on - just like the Acura beak, but that LX front end is just....

I had a 05 TSX sedan; I miss that car, really should have kept it. Wouldn't mind getting a 6spd manual TSX one of these days. One of the last good cars Acura built before they went downhill. I was also on Acurazine, can't say I miss that forum. Drama nearly every single post.

Your TSX Wagon is fairly rare; I would keep it if financially possible since the LC has dismal mpg, though having 2 vehicles = double the maintenance, insurance, and upkeep costs. 1st world problems for sure.
Yeah. Every time I get the new car itch, I ask myself "what can the new car give me that this one can't" and I usually come up empty except for the new driver assistance stuff and CarPlay or AndroidAuto. The wagon has been rock solid and with PPF and OptiCoat it looks like new.

And in VA you need to add "personal property tax" to the costs. It is about $4.15 per $100 with a convoluted tax relief on the first $20k - so a $80k LC is about $2800 a year

I have a malamute and I bought the LC specifically to keep her cool back there. I point all vents on her and crank down the rear ac to max fan and low temp. It's cold!

Additionally, I chose not to get drawers so that my dog could walk around comfortably. She can still see out the windows and keeping her lower also keeps her safer (to an extent).
Great info. Thanks!

Good point, but does that front end ever grow on you? I remember when Audi went with the big grill (to meet Euro pedestrian safety rules) everybody hated it, but it grew on - just like the Acura beak, but that LX front end is just....

It’s different, that’s for sure. It doesn’t bother me as much as it does others. I feel like the current LC grill looks like a 1st gen highlander.

I’d say that it’ll look fine once it’s covered in mud.

What turns me off are the ridiculous and unnecessarily bad approach, departure, and break over. That and the joystick control.

It’s different, that’s for sure. It doesn’t bother me as much as it does others. I feel like the current LC grill looks like a 1st gen highlander.

I’d say that it’ll look fine once it’s covered in mud.

What turns me off are the ridiculous and unnecessarily bad approach, departure, and break over. That and the joystick control.
Makes perfect sense.

I get the idea that the LX seems to have greater discounts than the LC and depreciations seems a bit higher, so it looks like you can get a couple year old LX for the same price or a bit less than the LC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom