Yep, another tire thread. Will any 255/75R17 fit the stock spare, or only some? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Have an eibach kit on the way and planning a 2" lift. Want to upgrade to some A/T tires but one of my stipulations is that the stock spare location remain usable.

I know a 265/70R17 will fit without issue. I've also read that a 255/75R17 will be the biggest size that fits the stock spare location. However, what fits seems to depend a fair bit on the tire brand (some folks are claiming an inflated 285 will fit 🤷‍♂️ ). So what are folks' experiences — any 255/75's that do not fit?

I do not have KDSS which I understand makes a difference.

I could fit a fully inflated 255/75r17 Duratrac under there just fine. I over inflated it to 50 psi just to see if it would rub the panhard bar and it still did not touch. I also have a Metal Tech standard hitch receiver that protrudes a little more than 1/4" into the spare location.

I have fit a fully inflated 255/75r17 KO2 AT2 in my spare location, after a 2.5" OME lift. I also have the stock hitch reciever. Probably have .5" extra room, doubt I could have fit any larger tire easily.

I run zero miles 255/75R17 KM2 JK Rubicon take off, 2" lift, KDSS and small hitch. It fits but not easy. It fits much easier if I jack up the frame so the rear axle move forward a bit.

Don't think OEM small 5000Lbs hitch or the class 4 6500Lbs size matter. They all have same clearance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom