Wanted WTB: Disc front Axle 40/55 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
First time posting, please go easy. Looking for a '75-later disc frontend, partial rebuild needed ok-wheel bearing, brakes , ect. Needed for a friends project FJ40, I know these are pretty rare but whats your price? Location: Tacoma, Wa. 98446 Thank you:cheers:

I have a complete front axel from a 77fj40. I'm in Toronto, Canada so shipping could be expensive. Let me know. Thx

I have a complete set of mini truck knuckles with Aisin hubs, vented rotors, V-6 mini truck calipers, 6 stud mod and hardened hub studs. $200 plus shipping. WIll need steering arms.

axle

I sent you a PM. Have a complete unit in Spokane, WA

Aaron

Still open to a complete axle

Last edited:
A complete axle as in a "complete" axle, is prefered one that has a housing ect. between the hubs; anyone out there with a complete one? Mike, Toronto pm sent. Thanks

axle

Hi guys,

I PM'd you several times from the same state but never heard back.
If the only thing missing from the deal was the housing you should have just said you need a housing also. I can get a housing for the 1979 setup I offered for $10. These housings are dime a dozen around Spokane, WA. They swap between all years from early 1968 (I think) to 1983.

Or maybe it was wanting the complete axle for cheap. Alot of folks seem to want these setups for ultra cheap.

Aaron

First posting: "partial rebuild" my friend is going to school and wanted something that was pretty much a bolt in eg. brearing or brake rebuild; I guess I should have stated that more clearly. He has cash, a whole axle HE could bolt in instead of ME having to tear a bunch of stuff apart and make one out of the pieces is what we were looking for! We (you and I) have pm'd back and forth a few times,you said meet in Yakima, I asked when you would be there and if the steering arms were included? That was Fri. night. Now I'M being called out, If you have a housing also for $10 + the $350 you want for the knuckles and its all assembled we have a deal< be there tomm. I'm not trying to be an A$$H@LE even though I am one, but I'm just trying to help out a new Cruiserhead, soon to be 5 converts! I guess I am "cheap also for giving away a perfect 2F/4spd/Transfer to help out a noob"? Or the F/R 62 axles?

I appologize to everybody for the story and rant. I hold myself accountable for my actions. I'm big on accountability and just want to wheel, hope to see you out there heres a beer

email

this is why I suggested personal email about 3 times. No it is not assembled. It would have to be assembled. I said I would deliver to Yakima as a courtesy to a local WA based cruiser guy. Shipping a complete axle hub to hub is going to break the bank. However almost anyone can put this front axle together with 7 hours of time and a factory manual.

This is why I end up ebaying my stuff. Sad

Axle

E-Bay sucks, it is sad that at times we need to resort to it, reasons being is why I usually end giving stuff away, not that I expect the same. My friend is starting school very soon and is working, I have my own projects but helping him as much as possible. He would rather spend the $ for a bolt in. I, and I think WE all know a flat hr/rate rebuild always turns out to be more time than initially expected. Unfourtunetly I have 2 of these axles in my shop but they are committed to other projects. I will speak to him agian tomm. to see what he wants to do. I hope we can all wheel together soon.:cheers:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom