Wrenching on Tony's truck this weekend (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Great to see you guys and enjoy some lunch. That was my first time to see Tony-Terry's 40 and it is SWEEET. Yes I now officially have lift/tire envy. Those Mud Dawgs would look sweet on the GunRunner! The big question is: Will 2 inch over stock shackles, 2.5 inch lift, and lots of rear fender trimming (TJ flares), maybe a spring flip to extend wheelbase and center rear tires in the fender be enough to clear 35 X 12.5 on 15 x 7 (or 8?) wheels? Can you say extended bump stops?? Jess, warm up the sawzall!

Brian, Thanks for putting in that window AC unit in your shop! It's now the Taj Mahal of shops. And if the weather gets bad, we just dive in the tornado shelter out back!

If you are going to all that expense and trouble (especially shackle reversal) just do a 4" lift. I would hate to see those fenders cut when springs would do the job. Now if we are talking 38's lets get cutting on those fenders!

Lets cut'm anyway.

Hey guys,

Thanks to all that helped this weekend, Brian and Jeff. You guys are the best. Actually, it may have been me helping them work on my truck. I also enjoyed all of you Supervisors that came out to keep us in line. Thanks again to jeff for going back out to brian's today to pick up everything that I left. The next wrench to turn may be on the exhaust manifold. I seem to have an exhaust leak that is getting worse. Might as well go with some headers if I'm going to have to work on it anyway. Let me know what you think.

thanks

euclid said:
If you are going to all that expense and trouble (especially shackle reversal) just do a 4" lift. I would hate to see those fenders cut when springs would do the job. Now if we are talking 38's lets get cutting on those fenders!

I would be willing to wager some $ that you can't tuck a 35x12.5 tire in a uncut rear fender well w/o rubbing.

I thinks thats a challenge: lash intersted in taking that challenge...?

Looks like my low miles BFG 33 X 10.5 MTs (all 5) are for sale for the same price as a set of Mud Dawgs. Anybody got a set of 2" longer shackles? This may have to be a Christmas project as I have spent most of my cruiser cash for 2005. I'm also afraid I will need to address my brake booster issue soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom