Wrench Day - 1/12 - 100 Series head unit install and really annoying key warning issue - Encinitas (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

BreckenridgeCruiser

I break things.
SILVER Star
Threads
Website
teqtach.com
Well,

Time for me to get off my a$$ and start working on my rigs again...

The plan for me is to install a new android auto head unit in my 99 Hundy and again in the 98 LX. While the dash is apart, I need to replace a worn switch in the key warning system that also triggers an EFI relay funky chicken (check the diesel threads for this reference). Also on the agenda is replacing all four cat heat shields (mine rattle like a hive of bees - also really annoying). Lastly, I will be adjusting the front torsion bars on the 100 as they have settled in after use.

Come by to heckle, help, or hinder at your leisure. Bring things to work on as well while the tools are out and the weather is good.

Doordash of some kind, or VGs incredible donuts may be making appearance....

Where did you get your cat heat shields? And do you have a grease gun as I do not have one down here in SD. I look forward to the wrenching!

I think I found those heat sheilds at McGeorge Toyota in Texas... I do have a grease gun, but need to check what lube I have loaded...

I think I found those heat sheilds at McGeorge Toyota in Texas... I do have a grease gun, but need to check what lube I have loaded...

I was planning on just jb welding the cracks back together, what are your thoughts? And I will need to get my own anyways, no better time than the present.

I had them tack welded and they held for a little while... I got a good deal on the set so it was time, especially since this is the road trip rig... I usually just apply JBWeld with a syringe for smaller areas...

Ill also bring my steam cleaner too, it worked wonders when i was restoring the interior of my rig!

I might have some time on Sunday to swing by. What times? Thanks!

Probably starting in the morning around 9. Will be working until at least 2 unless things go incredibly smoothly.

okay... looks like an earlier start (8am) so I can leave at 11 for lunch with family. we will be back by 1 and will be working from 1 until around 4 if we don't run out stuff to do... (three rigs... will never happen).

Today is just little things so no worries... I expect help when I have to restab the tranny in a few weeks! 😜

I'll pm to you...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom