Wow!!!!! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Damn, I thought it was only us Aussie's that knew how to build a really really tough 60! Kidding gusy! Thats a sweet ride, probably one of the best 60s i've seen. Top effort and the next owner is gonna have one tough truck.

When thry're built right they command a premium and are well worth it when built like this one!

I'm perversely pleased to see someone asking this much for a 60, whether it's even worth it or not. I'm so tired of seeing ratty, ragged FJ40s bringing insane prices, that's it's refreshing to see this FJ60.

I agree with you, Ken, this isn't targeted to TLCA members or even Cruiserheads, this is going to the mainstream, to someone who doesn't care to even price things out and compare, they just want the truck ready.

This also makes me think what my *own* Cruiser would bring out there, mine's got the same quality (or better) components on there and mine's never been rolled....

sanjuancruiser said:
Man... I need a nap after reading through all that!

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.........

Haha Me too.

eshelbyk said:
Henry- what shall we call the Princess now? Wendy? (kind of a stretch, but the french fry tie in..)

I'll be sorely disappointed if I don't see a Trails writeup on whatever mysterious project you're working on. Glad to see you've regained the passion. It's been missed.

There will definitely be a write-up, maybe not on TT, but somewhere. And there's no commercial source for WVO around here, and I don't have time to mix my own biodiesel. There are a couple of sources for B10 and B20 around here, which I'll try to run as often as possible, but intil SVO or WVO are easily accessible and the hassle cut down to the minimum, I'll be running mostly dino diesel for now.

This is a great 60. Every detail is extrememly well done. I have to hand it to Dave for getting it all back together after the roll on the Rubicon. I was present when he rolled last year just above Buck Island Lake. The rig did a full roll down a side hill and would have gone further but it lodged against a tree. At the time he was being towed due to 2 broken birfields and nearly took the FJ40 towing him over the edge as well. It was about midnight when he rolled and about 1am when he was winched back to the trail, then towed to a campsite. At the time the roof was pretty smashed in and most of the glass was broken. We had to hunt through the scrub to find the windshield and all of his stuff. I can only imagine what it cost to fix all of that. I'll bet that's where much of the $60k came from.

One other funny thing-I helped Dave fix his front axle the next morning after the roll. The knuckles had been put together by a well known Cruiser shop in southern California. The backside of the knuckles had the metal ring, rubber seal and felts in the wrong order. That struck me as odd given the detailed work this rig had received.

This rig illustrates one of my biases though. With his power and gear reduction plus the 37 inch tires, he broke his front axles in an instant, and wasn't even going that hard at the time. I don't think Cruiser axles are up to that kind of abuse. A rig like this should be built with Dana 60s at least. At Pismo this last year, Dave was dune jumping and the knuckle ball where it had been cut and turned, separated from the axle, again illustrating my point that this rig is seriously overbuilt for the Cruiser axles.

There is definitly a point when a rig is over done. Sound like this one as sweet as it is might be due for some heavier upgrades. There's definitly a balance.

Props to the builder. By far this appears to be one the best cruisers that Ive seen on the web.

:eek: I'm wondering why does he wants to sell that beauty even rolled.
spend all that money and time on such a beautiful cruiser and then sell it?

IF I had a cruiser with all that mods and money i'll be like selling my life.
i mean now my cruiser it's everything for me, and if i spend all that time, effort and money i'll be like selling a part of me :grinpimp:

sorry about y english

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom