Would you prefer the 100 in Diesel or Gas? (1 Viewer)

Diesel or Gas?

• Gas

Votes: 12 20.3%
  • Diesel

Votes: 47 79.7%

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

brett0004 said:
My GXL turbo diesel auto is just the best, 1100klm to the tank full and heaps of grunt. my old 80 series TD was brilliant but the 100s is a lot more comfortable to drive on the long trips. the cost to run a v8 must be huge, we are paying around $1.38au a litre here now for diesel.

Is that on the main tank or both tanks? Most TDs around here that I have spoken to say they are getting 11L /100k. That is what my 03 TD got. My 2004 V8 has averaged 15.3 L/100k for the 26000km that it has done so far. But I dont tow any thing.

That is on both tanks, works out around about 13l/100ks at about 120kmh. There are a few v8s in town here and I dont think any of them are getting around 15l/100ks. I also tow a 22ft caravan and that is where the diesel excells.

Yes I agree the TDs are a top bit of gear and most people would have one if they were closer in price to the V8. Here where I live (180km north of Sydney) you can buy a V8 auto GXL for 52k on road at the moment with the 05 model run out. V8 Saharas are about 72K on road but no discounts on TDs. GXL TD =75k and Sahara 95K. The new 06 Sahara TD is 102k on road. Some people here buy the naturally aspirated diesel for the same price as the V8 and get them turbocharged for around 4k. But they are only available in 5 speed manual.

If I could walk into a dealer tomorrow and buy a brand new poverty pack 105 w/ TD 5sp and vinyl seats, I'd have no problems parting w/ $50k for the pleasure...But I how many guys in the US are there like me? I'm guessing a few thousand at best

105 doesn't come with turbo and only has 130 HP. It also doesn't have a full time 4WD. It's a lot like an early LC60 :) (well, it doesn't have leaf springs, thanks god).

Regards

Samo

SamoL said:
105 doesn't come with turbo and only has 130 HP. It also doesn't have a full time 4WD. It's a lot like an early LC60 :) (well, it doesn't have leaf springs, thanks god).

Regards

Samo

Does have FR/RR Lockers too... and you can turbo it 4cheap

Not all LC105 have lockers. If you go for the cheapest UN version you will get none. If You buy the version with lockers, it will cost you as muck as a new LC100. So this option is realy only for those that want front solid axle no matter what's the price.

Regards

Samo

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom