Would anyone have an FJ60 distributor just collecting dust? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.phalconoverland.com
Yep, I need the actual one that will allow the truck to pass smog. My 60 has one of those performance distributors which will probably find its way on there after passing smog but for now needs the original unit.

Anyone have any leads?

Frank

Yep, I need the actual one that will allow the truck to pass smog. My 60 has one of those performance distributors which will probably find its way on there after passing smog but for now needs the original unit.

Anyone have any leads?

Frank
Looks like there's a decent variety of them on eBay... Some are HEI others look to be more conventional.

So the issue I think I am going to have is passing emissions. The stock dizzy has this dual stage advance diaphragm where the ebay/Amazon ones do not. It also has a vacuum line that evacuates blow by cases from the dizzy into the air cleaner downstream of the air filter. Thus, I believe it will fail a visual inspection even if it passes the exhaust gas analyzer.

Frank

Frank, You should be fine as your new distributor will not need the vent (it is for moisture removal and not anything to do with smog) and advance is handled differently (and arguably more effectively) without vacuum. FYI, the larger diaphragm is vacuum advance and the smaller one is advance coming from the HAC valve (high altitude compensation). As long as you show that you have properly capped the vacuum hoses that would normally run to the dizzy, and are prepared to explain the upgrade to the smog guys, you should pass without issues.

I found a used on on ebay for $125 and ordered it. I can get it started up on the one that is in there.

Frank

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom