Worth getting? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

... but Ive been in and around VWs for 50 years and these critters just run forever, especially the beatles...

Good one!:lol::lol::lol:

Air cooled VW's are a lot of things, probably the most modifiable car ever made, at one time cheap to work on, easy to work on, fun to work on/drive, tons of aftermarket parts, etc. But reliable daily transportation, NOT! At least not in the context of todays standards, when compared to any Toyota. They require almost constant maintenance, repair and yes they will run forever, or as long as your willing to to work on them to keep them running.:D

If you are dead set on the VW Look for a used one. Price drops significantly in the first two years or so as owners find out what it costs for service, parts, etc. Probably can get one for about the price of a new FJC...or you can get two FJCs for the price of a new Toureg....or you can buy the FJC and buy $30K worth of gas.

VWs of late don't have a great reputation for being trouble free. Toureg is made in Slovinia or some place like that...wherever the heck that is.....Slovinian assembly quality at it's best.

Good one!:lol::lol::lol:

Air cooled VW's are a lot of things, probably the most modifiable car ever made, at one time cheap to work on, easy to work on, fun to work on/drive, tons of aftermarket parts, etc. But reliable daily transportation, NOT! At least not in the context of todays standards, when compared to any Toyota. They require almost constant maintenance, repair and yes they will run forever, or as long as your willing to to work on them to keep them running.:D

Really :lol: We never did much work on ours, just routine maintnance.

Your crazy. I dont know a lot of the Touareg but VWs have ALWAYS been VERY DEPENDABLE cars.
I wish they made an affordable 4x4 diesle truck I wouldnt even look at anything else.

If they cost a lot to fix its because they never break. :doh:

BWAAAAHAHAHAHA.

That's pretty damn funny.

Really :lol: We never did much work on ours, just routine maintnance.

I recently had a 2000 VW GTI VR6 GLX.

I bought it for 11,000 which was the NADA book value at the time. I bought it from a private seller. It appeared to be in good shape, other then showing a little age here and there.

I owned it for 1 year, and sent about $3000 in maintenance and repairs. It never left me stranded and when it was working properly it was a great car to drive, but almost ever other month I had some kind of fault light or odd behavior going on.

After 1 year I sold it as a private party for the NADA recommended value of $8000.

I lost $6000 on that vehicle. I could have bought a Toyota for that much and never had any problems with it (probably wouldn’t have been as fun to drive though).

I'll never buy another VW.

Uhh as if I had to say this, but make sure you check up on the reliability reputation of the VW touareg.

(or any VW for that matter...)
At the very least, you will be HOUNDED with tons of electrical problems.

Your already on a Toyota Board....asking if we (Toyota Owners) think they are a good buy. Seems to me like you just need justification to buy the Yota over the VW.

Stop prolonging what you already know is enevitable.....GO ahaed and buy Toyota.....You wont be dissapointed. :cheers:

The current Touareg V10 diesel is a beautiful piece of engineering, but will be discontinued soon... too many problems... and will be replaced by a smaller diesel V6... If you can wait a few more months...the Touareg is a great car now it has overcome all the initial problems.

Jeep offeres an older Mercedes Benz 3.0 liter diesel in the Grand Cherokee.... but it's a Jeep... way cheaper then the VW though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom