Wisco rides (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Anything coming up?? This time of year with the weather all over the place is always a good time to wheel. Im finishing a few things up still, but ready to get it out.

Anything coming up?? This time of year with the weather all over the place is always a good time to wheel. Im finishing a few things up still, but ready to get it out.
How about wheeling at the Frontenac farms this weekend? Preferably Sunday?

@FishTacos isn't Hiawatha NF almost in your backyard? Any good riding in that area?

How about wheeling at the Frontenac farms this weekend? Preferably Sunday?
Im on shift this weekend and not quite ready yet, but am definitely in for a trip up there in the near future. I saw an event page come up on FB for Memorial Day up at Gilbert that Id really like to go to. Little more of a hike up there, but with it being a ways out yet, Id like to make it happen. Anyone wanna go or have already been there??

@FishTacos isn't Hiawatha NF almost in your backyard? Any good riding in that area?
My cabin is near Minocqua but I live in Madison like you do. Minocqua is pretty far from Hiawatha which looks awesome but I've never visited. Probably at least a 4 hour drive from Minocqua and at least 6.5 from Madison.

There are tons of forest service roads in various states of disrepair in and around Chequamegon/Nicolette NF. Wouldn't call most of them "wheeling" by any stretch of the definition. Still fun and they provide access to good fishing.

Edit: looks like Hiawatha is only about 4 hours from Madison. Well, the ranger station that's closest is at least. I can only imagine there is some fun terrain to explore there. Occupied Wisconsin (what most people call the U.P.) is lovely in that way.

My cabin is near Minocqua but I live in Madison like you do. Minocqua is pretty far from Hiawatha which looks awesome but I've never visited. Probably at least a 4 hour drive from Minocqua and at least 6.5 from Madison.

There are tons of forest service roads in various states of disrepair in and around Chequamegon/Nicolette NF. Wouldn't call most of them "wheeling" by any stretch of the definition. Still fun and they provide access to good fishing.

Edit: looks like Hiawatha is only about 4 hours from Madison. Well, the ranger station that's closest is at least. I can only imagine there is some fun terrain to explore there. Occupied Wisconsin (what most people call the U.P.) is lovely in that way.
I'd be game to get a group of us down for another weekend to wheel and maybe get some fishing in. @ClassyJalopy I didn't realize you couldn't make it out on Saturday, probably better to go somewhere closer or reschedule. Turns out, even if I am convinced to take Monday off it isn't possible for me due to work.

Thanks! It is amazing how many of us are here in Mad City yet have never met!

My concern with national forests is that trails are a hit or miss. Especially in winter when you can't really see the surface. We had a blast at the state forest near Antigo, but then black river falls state forest roads weren't that interesting.

Any of you guys just buy an 80?? On my way to work today, I saw a black one on a lot and called. Said it just came up from Texas and is going into storage-

I am definitely itching to get out and do something soon. The 100 hasn't moved much in the last 2 months. Thanks for tagging me ClassJalop

Good morning!! Seeing an update on Tigerton's page saying 4/29 is opening morning. Anyone wanna go??

I am game for either 4/29 or 5/6 Saturday!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom