Wiring light bar on front of roof rack (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm installing the first light bar on my 2000 LC. It's a 40" light bar and it's mounted on the front of my roof rack. The front of the rack sits in about the middle of my sunroof, almost full length. Any suggestions which way to run the wiring to the engine bay? Down the roof rack to the back and thru the rear door opening? Or down the driver side of the windshield, wedged into the crevice of the A pillar?

Thanks in advance, just looking for the better option, or hopefully, learn how someone may have located a better spot for the wiring.

Thanks. That's the way I'm leading. I have one friend who drilled hole thru roof and installed weatherproof plug. Not sure I want to do that.

Thanks. That's the way I'm leading. I have one friend who drilled hole thru roof and installed weatherproof plug. Not sure I want to do that.
Don't do that... you can fit additional wires into a wiring g loom, if you add accessories to the roof....I will probably put an air line up the passenger side for a train horn soon!

When I ran mine on my 4Runner I ran it through the fender and then inside the door channel. Tucked it behind the weatherstripping. Then the wires came out near the light bar brackets. I only had a light bar though, no roof rack.

Here are some pics...same method as @CanadianRockyCruiser mentioned above. Haven't touched it since installation at least a couple years ago, so it seems to work.

Ran the wiring/split loom from the light, down the foot of the rack (Front Runner Slimline in my case), then in the channel along the roof toward the front.
racklightwiring1.jpg

Simply pushed the loom into the space along the windshield...no glue, tape or anything needed to keep it in place. Tucked the wire at the base as it enters the engine compartment.
racklightwiring2.jpg

My 100 has a dual battery setup, but didn't when I wired these lights. If I were to do this again, I might run the wires/loom down the passenger side to shorten the run to the second battery where all my added accessories are powered. Given these are LED lights that draw relatively little juice and are used infrequently, I haven't bothered to rewire and likely won't.

Here are some pics...same method as @CanadianRockyCruiser mentioned above. Haven't touched it since installation at least a couple years ago, so it seems to work.

Ran the wiring/split loom from the light, down the foot of the rack (Front Runner Slimline in my case), then in the channel along the roof toward the front.
racklightwiring1.jpg

Simply pushed the loom into the space along the windshield...no glue, tape or anything needed to keep it in place. Tucked the wire at the base as it enters the engine compartment.
racklightwiring2.jpg

My 100 has a dual battery setup, but didn't when I wired these lights. If I were to do this again, I might run the wires/loom down the passenger side to shorten the run to the second battery where all my added accessories are powered. Given these are LED lights that draw relatively little juice and are used infrequently, I haven't bothered to rewire and likely won't.
COOL THANKS!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom