Wiring hella lights-QUESTION!!!!!! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am trying to wiring in my new hella 1000's. My haynes manual and electrical tools are pack away, does anyone know which wire(color) is the one for the high beams so i can connect them?

anyone? Help?

Why don't you just run them through a seperate switch on the dash?

You don't want to add them to your high-beams...they should be on there own curcit.
Your light switch is only rated to so many watts, anything more will cause premature failure.

Run a separate curcit, and make sure to utilize a relay.
Do a search, lots-of-info out there.

How about Red-Yellow.

you need a relay... i run relays (4 of them) on my headlight (2 for low beams, 2 for high beams) I made my light so much brighter and i think will help keep the stock switches working longer

According to this wire diagram it's the red/green wire. Like the others have previously said; only use the high beam to run a relay.

According to this wire diagram it's the red/green wire. Like the others have previously said; only use the high beam to run a relay.

Red Yellow. It has a feed that goes to the instrument cluster for the high beam indicator. I also got red yellow out of the haynes manual.

When I installed mine, I didn't use a fuseable link and ultimately it gradually began to fuse my wiring together by the fuse block. :doh:not a cheap/easy fix either. When I did it again I would go through a separate switch.

I ended up giving up last night and digging thru the packed up stuff and getting the Haynes out. It was the red green. I used the directions that hella provided along with all the wiring which included a relay and a fused connection and all seem to work great and its all run to a switch on my dash. 3 hours later this morning, and they are up and running!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom