Wire stuck in liner!? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
May as well post this here too and see if anyone has any suggestions....
Got a small piece of flux core wire stuck in the liner of my gun and I cant seem to get it free with using some FREE welding wire. Need something stiffer that I can use some force with.

Anyone have anything?
I SUNK for working on the rig if I cant get it out until the weld shop opens up on Tues.

This friggin BLOWS!:bang:

Keith try the local hardware store and find a peice of gas welding rod about the size you need and give that a try or the other more involved deal is pull the liner all the way out of the outer cable and try working it out with some free wire. it might help doing that because you can minipulate the housing while pushing wire through it just a thought i will be in reno in the Morning ill call and see if maybe i can come help out bro

Dan :cheers::steer::bounce::bounce2:

Keith try the local hardware store and find a peice of gas welding rod about the size you need and give that a try or the other more involved deal is pull the liner all the way out of the outer cable and try working it out with some free wire. it might help doing that because you can minipulate the housing while pushing wire through it just a thought i will be in reno in the Morning ill call and see if maybe i can come help out bro

Dan :cheers::steer::bounce::bounce2:

Thanks Dan.
I already pulled the liner out of the casing and tried to run some free wire down. Its pretty stuck in there. Its about 4 in from the wire feed end of the liner. Ill try and hit up home depot and see if I cant find a stiffer, straighter wire down it.
If not, Ill just have to try and organize the shop a bit and maybe split the spring packs, re drill em, and paint em and such.
Probably not a bad thing all in all. Im getting pretty tired of tripping over stuff in the garage.:hillbilly:

I got it out this AM!
Had to keep "massaging" the liner as I ran the free wire, but I eventually got it free.
Moral of the story....DO NOT try to chase the end of the old old wire with the NEW spool of wire in efforts to USE the last 10 ft.

YES...I have ACTUALLY BEEN DOING THIS.

YES...I KNOW im a cheap ASS BASTARD not wanting to waste that last 10ft of wire!:eek::D:hillbilly:

I got it out this AM!
Had to keep "massaging" the liner as I ran the free wire, but I eventually got it free.
Moral of the story....DO NOT try to chase the end of the old old wire with the NEW spool of wire in efforts to USE the last 10 ft.

YES...I have ACTUALLY BEEN DOING THIS.

YES...I KNOW im a cheap ASS BASTARD not wanting to waste that last 10ft of wire!:eek::D:hillbilly:

Tsk, Tsk. :flipoff2:

At least you got it out.

Jack

Just bite the bullet and go get a new liner. There's a good chance you have a burr in there now. It's only a matter of time till it jams up again in the middle of a 3 day weekend..

Just bite the bullet and go get a new liner. There's a good chance you have a burr in there now. It's only a matter of time till it jams up again in the middle of a 3 day weekend..

Im planning on it...however, I was able to work with what I had till the weld shop opens up again!:hillbilly:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom