wiper pivot pins not turning (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
now my windshield wipers just crapped out on a very rainy day...............motor and wiper link is working BUT the wiper pivots are not turning....always something on "Rusty"............. 78 pig :)..........any ideas/suggestions before I try to take the dash apart + remove the AC :confused:..................... checked the threads but nothing on repairing the wiper system or trouble shooting it :(

Lou

If the motor is motoring and the link is going back and forth...seems that the pins would either have to be moving or somehow busted. Are you sure the nut that holds the wiper arms on is tight ? If not, the little threads on the arm ends of the pivots can strip and the pivot just does it's thing and the wiper will sit there lifeless. If that what you didwhen you say above that you checked the threads....then unfortunately I think your taking the plunge :frown:

Todd, checked all the easy stuff :( will have to tear into it tomorrow...........don't particulary want to get underneath the dash...........will try taking out the aftermarket stereo system the PO styuck in there........then the A/C ...........yes. it does have an A/C and it blows real cold :)

Lou

Dropping down the ac blower box isn't too bad...but it has to be done to get the radio out and access to see what's what up there.

Todd, you are right; dropped the A/C, took out the radio the PO had installed monster after market thing and you were right on.........the radio had pushed the linkage out of the pivot pin......snapped it back in and they are running like new .........owe you a beer next time you are this way...give me a holler :)

Lou

Glad to hear it wasn't too painful and that it's all back together sans PO monster radio and working again. I wish the same could be said for the t-stat replacement in my daughters 62. Busted 2 outta 4 cover housing bolts, pulled everything and was able to heat and extract #3...number 4 was a drill and retap procedure. It happened late in the day yesterday and nobody had an outlet gasket (between the head and t-stat lower housing). Gasket will be here Monday and then she'll be up and running again. Replaced the t-stat in the pig two weeks ago....maybe 15 min operation as everything cooperated..yesterday well a couple hours of swearing. Seems to always happen to the ones we count on for DD chores.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom