Windshield Wiper Queery? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Sangre de Christo Mtns of North Central NM.
Before getting into the question perplexing me, please allow me to report that both me and the 1987 FJ 60 purchased brand new from a Toyota Dealer in 19887 are doing just fine. Why only yesterday, I made the 95 mile round trip journey to Taos NM and back home to the Colorado border.. Top speed, about 60. Slower on grades as the old 2F is tired as is the guy driving it. However, we are still ticking along the back roads of NM and Colorado.

On to the question. What does it mean when the windshield wiper switch is activated and the wiper arms make one pass before locking up with a "clunk" at the end othe the initial sweep?

Any suggestions?

Not sure. The wiper assembly is very simple. You could easily take them apart. Perhaps you have something stuck in the arms?

Glad to hear you and your 60 are doing well.

Sounds like the arm popped out of the plastic ball socket that connects to the motor or between the two wipers. If you can hear the motor still going then it will be at the motor.

Could be as simple as a bad motor, or it could be binding caused by bad bushings/ linkages. Access to linkages and motor is from engine bay.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom