Windshield washer upgrade (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Rented a Ford Fusion last week. Each washer head had four nozzle (holes). I didn't have any thing with me to measure the diameter of the washer body where it went through the hood. Those babies squirted a serious amount of fluid in a hurry.

It's not the size that counts, it's the quantity!
My sig line says it all, in OZ we only get twin nozzles and I purchased tripple nozzles from the USA to "Lubricate" the windscreen before the wipers smeared the bugs all over it. The more points you can get fluid the better. Will be interested to hear about the firment of quad hole nozzles!!

100 TD, I "think" this is the '06+ 100 series N. America Spec washer nozzle. Rather than 2,3 or 4 jets, it supposedly is a single "fan" jet dispursed over a wide area. We need somebody with an '06+ to confirm. Let me know if you want these too.
4WD08_S0114_003.jpg

Last edited:
Have the fan type on a Ford I drive for work and don't like the effect. The fan spray actually obscures the entire windscreen until the wiper clears leaving you with no vision for a second.

On the Chevy Tahoe the sprayer is on the wiper support and sprays along the blade as it moves. This is nice but I wonder about the durability of the system.

The biggest improvement I've had is moving from the "blue bottle" wash to Prestone Dirt Blocker. Great stuff and worth the extra buck!

I've got an 06 LX, and I have three distinct streams.

My wife drives an 04 Sienna, and it sends a fan spray.

Anybody with an '07?

OK, on this like to add a question.

Since I am a firm believer in "lubricating" the windshield before wiping it off, has anyone tried or managed to disconnect the wiper "movement" from the flusher?
I other words, I want ONLY the flusher to come on when pulling the stalk towards me, and wiper to come on when moving the stalk downwords.

Drives me nuts when the wiper moves over a dirty area that has not had time to "soak" yet.

........ has anyone tried or managed to disconnect the wiper "movement" from the flusher?
I other words, I want ONLY the flusher to come on when pulling the stalk towards me, and wiper to come on when moving the stalk downwords.

Looking at the circuit diagram it is doable, if you have the patience (EDIT, don't forget about springs and contacts flying out) to pull the stalk combo switch apart (which is probably heat sealed together, but not necessarilly so) and remove the bridge(guess) on the circuit board between the washer circuit and the wiper circuit, that energises the wipers when you start the washer. This bridge may even be accesible without pulling the switch apart, hard to tell until I have one in my hands to see.

Last edited:
On a side note to this, 2003 owners have the rear wiper circuit removed from the instrument ECU, which should aleviate the problems some have with the rear wiper going all the time and the only fix to replace the ECU.

I'd think that the easiest way would be to put a relay into the circuit that powers the wiper motor. Essentially, you could have a "wiper kill" switch, but the washer would still squirt.

I'd think that the easiest way would be to put a relay into the circuit that powers the wiper motor. Essentially, you could have a "wiper kill" switch, but the washer would still squirt.

Maybe I didn't read his post correctly, I thought he wanted to modify the stalk, my stuff up.
A really easy way to power the washer only is a momentry action push button supplying power to the washer motor directly and put a 20 cent diode in the existing power line running down to the washer. This way it will work as normal, but you have the option of pushing the button at any time to get a squirt of fluid only without the wiper.
I still like the original way I mentioned before, no extra switches to have to worry about and full control on the stalk.

our 05 LS430 has the fan squirters...used them today, totally forgot it had them. Personally, i like the fan, it hits more of the window at the same time, which reduces the need to do all this switch modifications.

I want a set of fan sprayers!

100 TD, I "think" this is the '06+ 100 series N. America Spec washer nozzle. Rather than 2,3 or 4 jets, it supposedly is a single "fan" jet dispursed over a wide area. We need somebody with an '06+ to confirm. Let me know if you want these too.

Where can I get a pair of the fan spray nozzles? I figured I'd check with the forum before calling the stealer, err I mean dealer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom