Window vents powered by USB fans (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I saw this on YouTube. I thought I'd give it a try.

The vents are cut from a "gutter guard" material I bought from Lowes. They were about $3 each. I bought 2 not knowing how many I would mess up. One should work if you cut carefully. I needed 2. Here's the link for Amazon - Amazon product ASIN B09QMC1458The fans are from Amazon. I haven't bought these yet but 2 sets should be less than, or close to, $50.00. Here's
window vent.jpg

Last edited:
That’s a good idea.
When I was car camping for a long time (months) and sleeping inside the cruiser, especially when it was raining, getting fresh air into the cab was important when sleeping inside with the windows up. Fresh air was crucial.
So my workaround (McGyvering a hack) was to wire an appropriately sized resistor inline with the cabin fan and wire the cabin fan so it could be used in the ACC mode on the lock cylinder. This wiring workaround allowed the cabin fan to run on super low speed and super low amp draw all night long.
Fan is really quite when it spins slow.
Air flow is plenty sufficient to get fresh air in cab.
Fan could run all night long (if you’ve got a solar panel to recharge the next day.

I didn’t have a correctly sized resistor out in the boonies but I did have a few 12V small light bulbs which worked perfectly as a resistor.

I want to try this when I go on a over landing trip this summer.

I want to try this when I go on a over landing trip this summer.
Let us know how it worked for you, including your location and trip length (days and miles).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom