Window Bug Screens For Your Cruisers (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Boys and girls,

I was excited when I picked up the screens and just to make sure that they fit, etc... I put them on my rig this morning.

Much to my horror the bottom of the 2nd-row screen had a (very) small gap which, chances are, you would not get any mosquitos in from. But it BUGGED ME!!! Also, where the velcro meets a small part of it is visible which annoys me BAD!!!

As if that was not enough already when I put the 3rd-row window screen on (right side) the velcro piece that was supposed to be on the OUTSIDE of the screen piece it was on the inside!!! :mad:

ANYWAY, I debated whether to discolose this drama or not, but thought I would be upfront and honest about it so you know.

I was documenting this with pictures and have e-mailed them to the shop and am waiting their reply.

Don't get me wrong, both of the screens would function just fine the way they are, other than the 2nd-row possibly letting a small bug in at the bottom, MAYBE!! I just want to make sure that they're top-notch!

I'll let you know how decent the owner of the business is by how he tries to remedy this, whether make me entirely new sets, or give some $$$ back, etc...

I'm VERY sorry for this delay/inconvenience.

BTW, I need to tell you one good thing out of this though, is that I have installed the 2nd-row screen and confirmed that the window rolls up and down w/o any problems, whatsoever!

And the design has been actually improved!
The top of the screen has a small "lip" to prevent any chance of the top of the window/glass getting caught by it, eliminating the possibility that the glass catches the screen.

I'll keep you posted!!

Mot

P.S. I've attached pics for you to see...

You don't think I'm being too picky, I hope.
outside left bottom.jpg
outside right bottom.jpg
gap inside right.jpg

We need some pics of the positives! :crybaby:

The new "lip" can be seen here, as well as how it's installed (Put them in the window channels on both sides before sliding the whole thing up and shove it in at the top window channel.)
Lip.jpg
Window Screens 017.jpg
Window Screens 019.jpg

The hinges are supposed to be facing INWARD and the window is supposed to slide OUTSIDE of the screen.

Also you can see where you're supposed to insert the bottom velcro strip piece where my finger is in the 2nd pic.

The 3rd pic shows where NOT to put it in (You can also see the glass).
Window Screens 022.jpg
Window Screens 029.jpg
See glass.jpg

OK, just heard back from the shop.

They're coming over to my place this afternoon (1:00pm now).

They're going to take care of it and I should have the final versions by the end of tomorrow!!

You gotta love GREAT customer service! :bounce:

THAT SAID, the pessimist in me still does not allow me to go :bounce::bounce2::bounce::bounce2::bounce: yet!

STAY TUNED!!!

Mot

Last edited:
So they came and we put the screens in when they were here.

It turns out that the 2nd-row screens will be fine the way they are.
They hadn't told me this before today, but to maximize the screen's chance of staying in its place they recommend that we roll up the window about 2" or so from the bottom, covering the part where the velcros attach.

This almost eliminates the screen's chance of getting popped out even driving at high speeds. :cool:

But as far as the 3rd-row screens go, they're going to fix the issue mentioned above, but they assured me that it would be fixed.

They told me that he would get it done by the end of tomorrow, but I told them to take their time and get it done by the end of Monday instead. :hillbilly:

Here's a video of the 2nd-row window going up and down for those who thought it wasn't possible.

I took a longer clip but exceeded the 100MB limit!
The window goes up and down w/o any problems even if you do it w/o stopping, etc...

Don't freak out if I sound ghey! :flipoff2:

Mot ;)

Hi Mot,
I'm looking forward to the 3rd-row screens. Just let me know how/when to pay.
What about some type of screen for the (80-series) moon-roof? Just an idle thought.
Also, have seen any hatch/tailgate tents, again also for the 80-series?
Regards,
Kenton

Kenton,

The shop called me yesterday and told me that they wanted to get a video clip of them installing the screens on my rig.

But they didn't want to do it in the rain so they're supposed to come, in about 2 hours.
But it's been raiing on and off today as well, so not sure if getting the video clip is still going to happen today or not.

ANYWAY, I'm going to try to get them in my possession today so those of you who have been waiting can shoot me the funds whenever you're ready and I can start shipping them out this week.

If you opt for express air, then please be sure to include your telephone number with your PayPal payment. Also, it would probably safer to have them shipped to a physical address and not a PO Box because of its size.

My PayPal address is: motoomi@yahoo.com

PLEASE indicate who you are, with your Mud handle/name, with your PayPal payment, and also indicate whether you want the 3rd-row, 2nd-row, or both.

I realize now that I haven't give you the quote for shipping them both, so if you want them both, then I'll get that info. to you as soon as I get them.

THANKS FOR YOUR PATIENCE!!

Mot

WOW! Can you believe it???

I finally got the final version of the screens!

I've tried them on (on) my rig and they're PERFECT!!!

Here are the pics of what you would be receiving:

Screens Final Products 007.jpg
Screens Final Products 011.jpg

2nd-row's:

Note that I have the glass/window slightly rolled up as mentioned above.

The eliminates the small gap at the bottom which was almost unavoidable to make the velcro strip insertable into the window channels, as well as secures the screens even better than before.

2nd row.jpg
2nd row2.jpg

And here's what your rig would look like with both of the screens on/in:

I've slept with the 2nd-row screens in before and that was hardly enough to keep inside the rig. You really should get them for both 2nd- and 3rd-row windoes. :grinpimp:

I took another (better) video clip of the 2nd-row screen operation. I hope I'll be able to get it up in a few minutes. (Don't hold your breath!)

Anyway, get them while you can!!

OK, here's the vid!!! (Never mind the diesel noise in the background! :D)

Thanks again!!

Mot :hillbilly:
2nd and 3rd.jpg

Those look sweet Mot! I'll take both sets please. Could you PM me with the total? 98366 WA if it matters?

yeah

I will gladly suppost this labor of love.
MOT you have paypal for a set of the third row screens.

(Always amazed at what people here can accomplish)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom