Winch carnage. 8074 question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
outlawdragradial.com
So my winch quit while pulling on a stuck truck. I ohmed out the solenoids and everything was fine so I pulled the electric motor. Needless to say its DONE. Question, is a 8074 motor the same as a 8274 motor? I can't find any information on replacement motors for the 8074.

winchisbroke.jpg

From my looking at Warn's site - it appears the 8074 is essentially an 8274 except the 8074 doesn't have the clutch handle. If that's the case, then the same motor should work - just a matter of whether it is keyed or not.

Best bet is CALL Warn with model number/serial number in hand... They provide great service!

cheers,
george.

From my looking at Warn's site - it appears the 8074 is essentially an 8274 except the 8074 doesn't have the clutch handle. If that's the case, then the same motor should work - just a matter of whether it is keyed or not.

Best bet is CALL Warn with model number/serial number in hand... They provide great service!

cheers,
george.

You can use the 8274 motor (part number 7536) for an 8074. :)

Andy

You can use the 8274 motor (part number 7536) for an 8074. :)

But if it's a new motor from Warn, you'll also have to get the newer-style splined pinion gear to go with it (your's is keyed).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom