1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wilson 1000 short load vs. Little Wil

Discussion in 'Camping & Outdoor Gear' started by FJ60Cam, Aug 24, 2006.

1. FJ60Cam

FJ60Cam SILVER Star

I'm thinking of getting a mag mount, but don't want a 62" whip on my roof. Would the Wilson 1000 with the short load whip (http://www.wilsonantenna.com/short.htm) still outperform the Little Wil all else being equal? That would get the 1000 down to almost the same lenght as the L.W., but would cost about 3 times as much.

2. Cruiserdrew

Cruiserdrew SILVER Star

I can't answer your question, but the Lil Wil works great. The Wilson 5000 is even better, the 1000 is likely somewhere inbetween. The Lil Wil is so cheap, you could buy it, and if you want to move up you're out $25. I've been using a Lil Will for 5 years now-no problems or complaints.

3. Kofoed

Kofoed

A problem with the center load, is that it is susceptible to damage by trees, etc.

4. Brentbba

Brentbba Former Golfer SILVER Star

I'm using the Wilson 5000 short load antenna. No problems from this end. Even with the short antenna and stronger magnet, I've had it knocked off the roof a few times.

5. GeoRoss

GeoRoss

I have had no problems with the 'lil wil also. I still have the factory roof rack and just zip tie it to that if I am worried about trees. It has so far been perfect for my needs.

Ross

6. FJ60Cam

FJ60Cam SILVER Star

Does the Lil Wil hang on at highway speeds? Has anybody's come off at speed? I usually pull my rack if doing any distance on the interstate cause the wind noise is annoying, so no tying to it.

7. GeoRoss

GeoRoss

Highway speeds will not effect it at all. It takes a sizable/continous overhang to knock it over on the trail.

Ross

8. FJ60Cam

FJ60Cam SILVER Star

Cool, sounds like that's what I'll get unless I find a bargain price on a 1000.

data-matched-content-rows-num="2,1" data-matched-content-columns-num="1,4" data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">