Will the FJC see a V8 for 08? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

jfonz said:
The jeep liberty CRD gets 26-28 MPG, which isn't quite 30 mpg but its alot closer to 30 than it is 20. but ya 30mpg is what I'd rather have, not saying I'll get it by any means.

The Jeep Liberty website says the CRD gets 32% better economy. The EPA mileage ratings for the V6 gasoline automatic are 17/22, and for the CRD 22/27. There's no real hope of a diesel getting the FJ from 16/19 to 30. The Liberty CRD has been discontinued, because it can't meet 2007 emission standards.

If they made a V8 version of the FJ with a 6-speed manual, I'd get it in a second. There is nothing more fun than a V8 with a 6-speed manual (own two of them)!:)

Toyota is also doing a complete redesign of their V8, and the new 4.6L will have 380 hp at 6400 rpm. It will also have better economy and meet ULEV-II emission standards.

Michael

I think for me its more about fuel economy than power. I'm personally not very happy about the United States current circumstances in the world and how much its negetively tied into the oil industry. I would much rather the country be sitting in brazils spot of being energy independent as well has more environmentally friendly because of there wisdom in seaking out renuable sources of fuel 20+ years ago.

I think it would have been better for the EPA/Gov to require diesel fuels to become more efficient, perhaps a 80/20 bio mix or somthing, rather than requireing the vehicles that use it to change. But of course with fuel cost being what they are now this probobly would have made them go up even higher....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom