Will a slightly larger spare work?? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I currently have a GX 470 with Ray 10s and Falken Wildpeak LT 285 70 17 C load on all four tires. I got a new Ray 10 as a spare and got a deal on a Wildpeak LT 285 70 17 E load. According to Falken's website, the C load tires are 32.8" tall while the E load is a true 33" tire.

Would there be any issues using the brand new 33" E load tire if I ever run into tire issues on the trail? The spare will be primarily used to get back to a paved road where I can call AAA for a tow. I've searched and some people were saying that running a slightly smaller tire is OK but haven't found anything on running a slightly larger tire.

Keep in mind that my current C load tires have about 5000 miles on them and they might be a tad bit smaller than the new 32.8".

Diameter differences that small is not problem.
The problem is It would not fit underneath. Do you have aftermarket spare tire carrier?

Diameter differences that small is not problem.
The problem is It would not fit underneath. Do you have aftermarket spare tire carrier?
Oh I'm not going to fit it underneath. I have KDSS and know that most with non-kdss have issues already.

I'll be mounting it to the rear cargo area for now until I can afford a tire carrier. I might even go the Jeep DIY route but need to find a welder.
Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom