Why parts forum is not subdivided by vehicle? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

So your saying just listing a state is fine? Personally for the few generally parts that cross models listing that in the title would be fine. Problem is most members do not know how to cross reference parts. Nor do they care to take the time to look up the part number of what they are selling then search other possible models that might be the same.

I did not mention the State topic thus far , But will add some input

- why is it a rule to enter one of the 50 State's in your classified ad the first place ?

"Location: IH8MUD has a global audience. Include your state/country in the Thread Title."

- does this apply to for sale ad's only and or include posting a wanted ad as well ?

- Its not mandatory to have your state or location shown in your Avatar , maybe some folks prefer to remain confidential where they live ?

- if its regarding shipping distance rates etc , the USPS flat rate box system makes that obsolete , at least in the 50 usa states , and its global territories like Guam & virgin islands were flat rates still apply

- I think it should be the buyers responsibility to research the correct application of what they are buying as much as a sellers responsibility to give as much practical application information about what they are selling

My :

DSCN9587.JPG

I did not mention the State topic thus far , But will add some input

- why is it a rule to enter one of the 50 State's in your classified ad the first place ?

"Location: IH8MUD has a global audience. Include your state/country in the Thread Title."

- does this apply to for sale ad's only and or include posting a wanted ad as well ?

- Its not mandatory to have your state or location shown in your Avatar , maybe some folks prefer to remain confidential where they live ?

- if its regarding shipping distance rates etc , the USPS flat rate box system makes that obsolete , at least in the 50 usa states , and its global territories like Guam & virgin islands were flat rates still apply

- I think it should be the buyers responsibility to research the correct application of what they are buying as much as a sellers responsibility to give as much practical application information about what they are selling

My :

View attachment 1822603

Where the location? If I looking at a set of bucket seats would not be interested if they were in CT wouldn't bother to look living in AZ. Most parts have a description not a part number. Some says they has a set of bucket seats would be nice not to have to click on it to find they are from a 80 series when looking for some from a 40 series. Know 40 series had two main changes. Same with the 60 series base changing with the floor pan change. Not sure if the same is true with the 80 series. Plus the 100 series and 200 series. That does count other Toyota model besides the Land Cruiser that has bucket seats. Know if I'm selling a set of 60 series buckets seats and aware if they are early or late feel I should list that fact. If I'm clueless would be another thing. But that just me. Which is probably why I'm not a salesman and have a huge stash of parts.

So your saying just listing a state is fine? Personally for the few generally parts that cross models listing that in the title would be fine. Problem is most members do not know how to cross reference parts. Nor do they care to take the time to look up the part number of what they are selling then search other possible models that might be the same.

Also, most owners do not have the information available like pre 69 parts, numbers and application.

Where the location? If I looking at a set of bucket seats would not be interested if they were in CT wouldn't bother to look living in AZ. Most parts have a description not a part number. Some says they has a set of bucket seats would be nice not to have to click on it to find they are from a 80 series when looking for some from a 40 series. Know 40 series had two main changes. Same with the 60 series base changing with the floor pan change. Not sure if the same is true with the 80 series. Plus the 100 series and 200 series. That does count other Toyota model besides the Land Cruiser that has bucket seats. Know if I'm selling a set of 60 series buckets seats and aware if they are early or late feel I should list that fact. If I'm clueless would be another thing. But that just me. Which is probably why I'm not a salesman and have a huge stash of parts.

I found this under Woody's Classified's guidelines Link page o_O

BEST PRACTICES:
A WELL written thread title does wonders. For instance:
<Prefix:For Sale> [UT] FJ62 automatic transmission - clearly notes location and what you are selling.
<Prefix:Wanted> [NY] 1973 FJ40 rear driveshaft - clearly notes location and what you are looking for.
<Prefix:Wanted> [FL] 1978 FJ40 passenger front knuckle - clear and concise.
<Prefix:For Sale> front axle - POORLY notes location AND no one has any clue what the axle is from.
Keep them SHORT and SIMPLE, and rely on the two to three key words that you would use to search.

Also, most owners do not have the information available like pre 69 parts, numbers and application.

Don't even get me started on dropping the pre3/69 parts listing many years ago. I know the TNK wipers were available for years after they were dropped from the system. If the person behind the counter doesn't have another source to look for a part number besides the computer and knows where that's bat and cares enough to look it up your SOL unless you have the part number.

Don't even get me started on dropping the pre3/69 parts listing many years ago. I know the TNK wipers were available for years after they were dropped from the system. If the person behind the counter doesn't have another source to look for a part number besides the computer and knows where that's bat and cares enough to look it up your SOL unless you have the part number.

unless u have a 17 digit VIN # , your SOL at most Toyota Dealerships parts departments anyway these days

when i go into mine , part #'s in hand From Mega zip or DIY the counter people are either playing on the internet that's fed to there EPC Desk tops or texting someone on there personal device

If they have to get up out of there Swivel Chair to pull a part , they Huff & Puff

It's Sad ...........

DSC0156.jpg

Much different here in Placerville, California! Thompsons Toyota 530-622-6232 Yes second generation, first Toyota dealership on the West coast. Very energetic parts staff, eager to help. One of them is following in his dads foot steps, From beginnings at Stancils Toyota. If they can't find an old part they send the customer to me and I will look up the Part#. No minimum order either. Too bad some of you have trouble with other dealerships. John

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom