Why do I have a big hole in my DS rear quarter panel underneath the bumper? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I was feeling around my 2002 LX470, just looking at some rust that I knew about before and lookijg at buying a trailer hitch. Well, I feel the body panel right underneath the DS rear bumper, and there's a piece of tape covering an oval hole maybe half the size of my hand. Wtf?

I know my neglected LX has been in a fender bender since I can tell some of the tabs have broken off the rear bumper and a heat gun was used to push the plastic cover back out since the paint is cracked. But why do I have an oval hole with tape over it? Did this come from factory?

I'm going to take the bumper off this weekend to take a better look. Also the frame hole where the hitch looks like it mounts to has shifted? Since the frame is 2 C channels welded together.

Anyways, I took a look at some Lexus diagrams and there seems to be that hole? And I took a look at Slees rear bumper install diagrams and there's a hole too with a piece of rubber insert covering it but on the passenger side! I don't have a hole on my passenger side.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom