Wholesale valve body (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

sailor

Jackass of all trades
Threads
I just installed one and did a big fluid/ filter service on my fat arsed '81. Can anyone comment on what indicated vehicle speed the lock up of the converter occurs? Mine (before) would lock up at 60kmh indicated, now with the new VB lockup occurs at 74kmh indicated. Seems to run quite a bit cooler and a bit more getup. The difference in 3rd is amazing, much more performance. Going to laugh my ass off as I roast past the tiny Dutchman on the Coq. when he is on the shoulder doing 30kmh in low range....

IMG_0344.JPG

A bit apples to oranges, but with my FJ62 lockup was ~80 km/h before and after swapping in a Wholesale VB.

Awesome. I have been thinking of doing this for a few years, good to know it's good money spent. Can't comment on the lockup though, as mine is still stock and locks at the 60km/h mark.

My trans went to wholesale and back(previous owner) and it locks up at 60km/h indicated, reliably. My slight problem is that it doesn't like to stay in lockup.. unless I'm doing over 90km/h indicated. I have a RE & RE kit from wholesale with plans to drop the pan and valve body for inspection in the next couple weeks... I'll report back if anything changes...

Rodney says mine is operating correctly with the higher lockup

Interesting... I've always thought that mine would be nicer with a higher lockup, especially while running 35's. I'm going to ask him if that is something that can be altered in mine... That said, lock up in 3rd at 60 pulls hard.

I just installed one and did a big fluid/ filter service on my fat arsed '81. Can anyone comment on what indicated vehicle speed the lock up of the converter occurs? Mine (before) would lock up at 60kmh indicated, now with the new VB lockup occurs at 74kmh indicated. Seems to run quite a bit cooler and a bit more getup. The difference in 3rd is amazing, much more performance. Going to laugh my ass off as I roast past the tiny Dutchman on the Coq. when he is on the shoulder doing 30kmh in low range....

View attachment 1721676
or removing the fuel cans from my rack

View attachment 1721676

We can't all afford your toys.

Quoth the man with the gold plated travel trailer...

Interesting, originally in my truck it would lockup around 74, with he valve body it lockups at 60.... lol

Quoth the man with the gold plated travel trailer...

We have it so we can camp comfortably when we can make it up the mountain.

We have it so we can camp comfortably when we can make it up the mountain.

We are headed for Monck in Merritt on Monday. You should consider joining! If you leave today, we will be there Monday afternoon when you arrive....

After the trip to Rock Creek and Westbank return, I am happy with the valve body- there is no way in hell I could have held 90 kmh on the hills without cooking the trans without this mod. The total weight of the vehicle loaded out and the trailer (Rpod 172) was around 4500 kg if i got that right. I wish the thing would lock up at 60 kmh again, once it is locked up all is good- getting to that point can be a bit of a chore...

We are headed for Monck in Merritt on Monday. You should consider joining! If you leave today, we will be there Monday afternoon when you arrive....

I have to work for a living. My wife and daughter are going to meet friends up there July 27-30.

Well we made it up the Coq no prob. We had to stop after the snow shed for construction which caused some concern. Locked in third up the hill at 90 or more kmh with the rpod and the dinghy on the roof. No sign of the Dutch dwarf either. That’s it! @Vanny you will forevermore be known as ‘Double D’!

Ouch, last time I ran that hill was about 20 faster...fully loaded pulling our trailer with the boat on the truck rack :steer:

Oh I could go a lot faster, and I have many times, but that was before I got the stupid gauges to keep me honest.

Which are showing 16 PSI boost, EGT is hard to see but was trying to keep it under 1200, and tranny is at 189 degrees.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom