1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Who would be interested

Discussion in '40- & 55-Series Tech' started by UNO_RACING, Aug 21, 2006.

1. UNO_RACING

UNO_RACING

Who would be interested in a braded stainless steel line kit for their FJ? I getting one made through a New Mexico manufactuer that provides the nicest brake lines I have ever seen. THese puppys are even plastic shielded. The have the nicest brass fittings one can purchase.

I've a set that I purchased from BTB and they were junk when compairing to these ones. Let me know the interest and I'll work on getting pics.

Later,

UNO

2. my64fj40

my64fj40

Would they fit a 64?

3. UNO_RACING

UNO_RACING

I'm not sure, if not you can send me your female and male adapters and I'll have the hoses custom made specifically for your application.

Alternatively you can provide me with the size you need (male and female) and we can get'em made up. I'm telling you these hoses are the best I've seen. You can even choose colors for the adapter slips.

I can also get any power steering hoses, fuel lines etc.

I'm not in this to make money. You can deal with the supplier directly (after I get his premission). I'm just here to support other enthusiasts.

4. meat

meat

I might be interested. What's the cost? Steve

5. UNO_RACING

UNO_RACING

Starting from the T on the axel I had two pieces made up to the end of the axel housing. One long piece and one short (same as stock configuration). I then had two pieces (one each) made from the calipers to the T lines. Total cost was about $120.00.

I could have saved a step and had only two lines from the T into the caliper with a 90 degree fitting for the caliper peecock, but I wanted to make sure I could replace the parts in the event they tear from the caliper to the T on the trail. Hope this makes sense.

The name of the company is PeCo (Plant Equipment Company). The contact name is Tom his number is 505-243-3736. He can give you the low down on the prices and thier capibilities.

Enjoy,

UNO

6. okie

okie

that is expensive for mexico.... sounds like some good stuff though

7. projektdotnet

projektdotnet

NEW Mexico (USA)

8. Volunteer

Volunteer Bayou State Land Cruiser Association

Media:
    Albums:
    Interested for a 67.

9. UNO_RACING

UNO_RACING

I can never figure out why folks think New Mexico is Mexico. Our governor, Bill Richardson, should be on the democratic presidential ticket in 2008. He's the former Energy Secretary, under the Clinton Administration.

Nevertheless, in a way I hope people think NM is Mexico becasue the lifestyle is awesome here. Nice weather, nice people, open areas, all aminities of a big city, major culture, etc. Plus, Albuquerque is a great place to do business as it was recgonized at one of the top ten states for small business and career. The only bad thing is that real estate is expensive.

I done with my plug.

The braded tubes are made in the USA and so are the brass fittings. Look at my previous posts and give Tom a call. He's a great resource and has agreed to provide advice for you specific applications.

Best,

UNO

10. UNO_RACING

UNO_RACING

Pic of brake lines

View attachment 89732

As shown is a image of the brake lines that I purchased from BTB and the ones I purchased from PECO. As showm the ones with the red ends and brass fittings are much better quality, IMHO; cheaper too.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2008
  11. my64fj40

my64fj40

For my year this is what Downey says my lines are

47212 ‘64-69 Front, Two 28” hoses, 9mm at frame and 11mm $71.88

Can this company do something like this in braided stainless ya think?

data-matched-content-rows-num="2,1" data-matched-content-columns-num="1,4" data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">