WHICH WINCH FOR MY ARB BULL (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Ok I probably shouldnt even type this but anyone have any opinions on mile marker winches? I've heard real good things about their hydralic winches and they just started making electric winches and the 12k is around 600-700$. ??? just for thought

-Bryan

[quote author=Mr.Bryan link=board=2;threadid=4994;start=msg39091#msg39091 date=1063059143]
Ok I probably shouldnt even type this but anyone have any opinions on mile marker winches? I've heard real good things about their hydralic winches and they just started making electric winches and the 12k is around 600-700$. ??? just for thought

-Bryan
[/quote]

the MM electics are I think made in China........prolly not a good thing ::)

The MM hydalics are slow(and don't work with motor off) and will not work worth a crap off the PS pump, if you had an seperate pump(electic or PTO drivin) then they might be something to look into.

[quote author=sleeoffroad link=board=2;threadid=4994;start=msg38964#msg38964 date=1063037577]
I don't think you can stall a M12 in rock crawling with a 80. [/quote]

No offense Christo, but I have to disagree. Stalled mine out when was on the rocks over Memorial Day. I think it depends more than on just the motor, like angle of pull etc, but it stalled on the rocks.

No offense Junk :flipoff2: but next time hook it up to a fully charged 12v battery - not that 6 volt battery your sis uses.
Next :flipoff2: change that speaker wire from the battery to the winch to 2/0 and make sure the terminals have good contact.
Next :flipoff2: pull off the last wrap - not the top one even if you bury the spare tire next to yo momma's doo doo.
Next :flipoff2: etc. etc.
Seriously, too many variables.
Bill

I am :flipoff2: and maybe on the next one I'll leave the house. ::)
Bill

You cannot compare a 8000hm with a lowmount, I have put my 8000 highmount up against 12k lowmounts, and although close the hm has more grunt.

And a 24v highmount is pretty awsome, with good batteries will break the cable on a standard pull.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom