Which vacuum hoses to plug, EGR delete 1kz-te (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Name pretty much says it all. I'm just finishing my EGR delete and butterfly valve throttle body removed as well as cleaning my air intake. I'm just putting it all back together and I'm wondering which vacuum hoses to plug off and if I need to plug in the electronics for the vacuum sensing solenoids. It's a 1995 kzj78 Prado.

Cheers!

Basically there are two systems, boost hoses, and vacuum hoses.

The vaccuum hoses are used as the source for controlling the emissions systems (controls EGR VSV and throttle VSV). The vacuum hoses also control your transfer case VSVs. Basically cap the vacuum hose source that runs to the Emissions systems. You can then remove all the emissions VSVs and all their vacuum hoses. However, LEAVE the vacuum hoses that run to your transfer case VSV's. Otherwise you won't be able to shift into 4wd.

The boost hoses go to your boost sensor. You want to leave this one alone! It likely comes off the intake manifold and to a boost sensor on the intake side of the engine bay.

If you go to Megazip and find your vehicle in the Toyota section, there are vacuum and boost line diagrams there. Might help you as you figure out what is what. If your good with a computer, you can copy the image, and circle the stuff you think you need to remove. Post that image here and we can confirm if you're on the right track or not. I'd do this for you but I just don't have the time right now....got to rush home from work to family.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom