Which tire should I get? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I was looking at the BFG KM/2 in 285/75/16 or the Pro Comp Xtreme MT2 in 285/75/16. I have BFG All terrain's on there now in 285/75. And I don't want to go smaller in height. I have heard good things about the BFGs, but I like the Pro Comp tires. Any thoughts? Same price for both.

Last edited:
Hi all,

You have a 80 Series Land Cruiser? (guessing from your avatar pic.)

How do you use this rig? Where do you drive it?

If you 4 wheel in Louisiana I would assume that you would want/need the most aggressive mud tread tires you can find! ;)

Regards,

Alan

I've never heard anyone recommend Procomps over BFGs. I've owned 6 sets of BFGs and zero sets of Procomps, so I can't actually speak to the PCs.

No direct experience with these two (current) styles, but in an old K5 Blazer we went from BFG MTs to ProComp MTs which had basically the same tread patterns, expecting similar performance at a significant price savings. Well, that didn't happen, the ProComps were vastly inferior to the BFGs. Nowhere near the performance that the BFGs had in any condition. Should have stayed with the BFGs despite the cost savings. I have avoided the ProComps since then although I am sure the new ones are better (just like the BFGs are better now).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom