Which Single DIN in dash DVD/ Reversing Camera

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am after some advise from you blokes over the pond.
I cannot fit a double Din player in my 2WD ute [ Commodore by GMH] so I have to use Single Din. Big job to shift the heater box and console/dashboard stiffening.
I don't want to spend mega bucks on a DVD player and have been looking at Pyle, Boss and Jensen and buying it from the USA, probably Ebay. Which of the mentioned sets would you recommend as they are not really common here. Any alternative?
Want a decent size for the reversing camera screen as there isn't a great deal of extra space. Thanks.

A guy I work with has this in his blazer http://www.amazon.com/Kenwood-KIV-7...e=UTF8&qid=1342792444&sr=8-1&keywords=kiv-701

he seems to like it, but that's all I got.

Thanks for the heads up , much appreciated.
I am not sure if the Kenwood is USA/URO switchable for the radio band as our band in Oz is same as European. Need to investigate, Pioneer USA domestic models are not however most JVC models are able to be switched.
I would prefer a bigger screen like on the mentioned sets or similar.
A mate of mine bought a single din flip out [chinese special] on Oz ebay and the screen falls off.:cheers:

Thanks for the heads up , much appreciated.
I am not sure if the Kenwood is USA/URO switchable for the radio band as our band in Oz is same as European. Need to investigate, Pioneer USA domestic models are not however most JVC models are able to be switched.
I would prefer a bigger screen like on the mentioned sets or similar.
A mate of mine bought a single din flip out [chinese special] on Oz ebay and the screen falls off.:cheers:

I haven't put too much thought into single din radios, both my vehicles have a double din.

I don't like the flip out screens at all, they always end up covering up some control you want when it's in use.

Have you considered putting a screen on your front window for your reverse camera? There are good mounts out there and you can get a small screen for pretty cheap. Just another option.

017-9.jpg

016-10.jpg

Thanks again,
I want to mount my 4.3 inch Tomtom navigation above the dash board. It is in the HJ75 at the moment.
Two sets up there is a bit cluttered. One pic shows a 7 inch screen sitting on the dash which is too big and in Queensland would be illegal for restricting vision [DEFECT].
With the nav unit I mostly just listen to it and there isn't much room below the dash that is suitable for it.
LOL Bit of a conundrum.
Most of the U.S. audio gear is less than half price down here. At the moment I have a JVC KDR-810 , sony 4 chan amp, 2 6.5 inch MB Quatz and JBL P660 6.5in splits.
Last nights searching I found this Soundstream set however the price seems cheap for Soundstream.
Soundstream VIR-7830 7" Single DIN Flip Out DVD,USB,SD Player VIR7830 NEW 2012 | eBay
Shipping is a rip off, LOL
NEW PYLE PLTS78DUB 7" SINGLE DIN LCD TOUCHSCREEN W/ DVD AM FM & BLUETOOTH | eBay
NEW Boss In-Dash 7" Flipout Car Video DVD/MP3/CD Receiver USB/SD Card Single DIN | eBay

Ah, that's too bad.

you guys get the good toyotas, we get the good head units, doesn't seem fair ;)

Best of luck in your quest, I'm out of suggestions!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom