Where to mount additional gauges? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

WP
There is an OEM roof mounted consol box option in Australia and elsewhere for an 80 with the factory dual fuel tanks options. It holds an altimeter gauge and second fuel gauge. There is also an aftermarket place in Australia that expands this console to fit a CB or other equipment.

http://www.marks4wd.com/80-series-oh-radio-console.html

Cmon you guys, let's get real here! It's not about how many gauges you can mount but how much information you can use. How about one of these? My fav...

http://www.jpinstruments.com/edm_900.html

You get all kinds of nice info. like EGT for each cylinder and data logging so you can see how efficiently you were running out at Moab...

I'm sure Christo is already working on a custom mount and wiring harness :D

personally, I am tossing my boost gauge - so if anyone wants a freebie, let me know.

I will be adding guages for egt and trannie though. I recently got the trans alarm the last time I wheeled my lil beater :-[ :-X, so I'd like to keep a better eye on it.

I see no reason for a boost guage. After having it for awhile, I think it's all bling. I mean it's pretty obvious when you're boosting and when you're not, so it's time to toss it.

I am still waiting for a low overflow coolant alarm :-\ or kill switch so when the wife calls and say "the alarm has been on all day". Just kidding, that is something I would say :D
kurt

[quote author=landtoy80 link=board=2;threadid=4169;start=0#msg30954 date=1060309093]
I am still waiting for a low overflow coolant alarm :-\ or kill switch so when the wife calls and say "the alarm has been on all day". Just kidding, that is something I would say :D
kurt
[/quote]
That's easy. Just replace the VSV. :flipoff2: :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :p

Junk,

I'll take that boost gauge off your hands....

Yomama

Semlin-

Wow! thanks for the tip on that overhead console... that may be the way to go...

Junk-

I guess my fondness for the boost gauges goes back to racing, and to my hate for vaccum leaks... I'd rather be able to spot a problem in manifold pressure and know it right away, than let it go unnoticed and potentially screw something else up, like fouling my plugs or further affecting a worn/wearing gasket.

J

Hi. My name is Mot and I'm new here. I just came across this thread. I know it's kinda late, but...

If you don't mind going digital, rather than analogue, this might be a good option:

http://www.defi-shop.com/product/dl/dp/dp_top.htm#features

If you want to have analogue gauges, you can hook them up to this unit and have them work together. They are OEM for Honda and others. The nice thing about this unit is that it can display the following information:

Speedometer 0 to 400km/h, 0 to 240MPH
Oil Temperature Meter 50 to 150oC, 122 to 302oF
Water Temperature Meter 20 to 120oC, 68 to 248oF
Oil Pressure Meter 0 to 1,000kPa, 0 to 145PSI
Fuel Pressure Meter 0 to 600kPa, 0 to 87PSI
Exhaust Temperature Meter 200 to 1,100oC, 390 to 2,010oF

The site is in English, so you can get other information also.

I guess it still falls short of all the meters you would like to get, but at least it would free up some space for additional meters, etc... They are also coming out with a heads-up display unit with similar functions. I'm not sure if it will display the figures in mph, F, etc... though.

Anyway, it's worth a look.

Good luck! :D

mot

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom