¿Where do these wires go? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
1985 BJ70. I’m in the process of putting everything back on the truck. There are three wires I’ve no idea where they go.

One goes to the starter. The thick black wire with blue stripe goes to the glow plugs. The white barrel is connected.

The small brown wire?
The thick black wire with red stripe?
The one wire with the two prong female connector?

273A5915-6952-4A65-B772-735046F8D7C5.jpeg

I really need help. Normally I’d do a bunch of searches, look through the FSM, ask Q’s, and such.

But there’s some really messed of stuff going on at home and my mind is completely swamped with that. I have to have my cruiser up and running this week. I only have to put everything back together. Please I could really use y’all’s help.

Bummer, sorry man was looking for a 'Bb' or 'Bl' Black with blue stripe on there for you, but looks like you guys have something different.
Maybe your Black blue is our White Blue..?
I have had this book for many years..

Last edited:
Maybe find definites on your wiring, say for example ignition key ,and compare what colours are on here to what you have to translate.
Hopefully someone in your region can nail it better.

Maybe find definites on your wiring, say for example ignition key ,and compare what colours are on here to what you have to translate.
Hopefully someone in your region can nail it better.
It’s Canadian 12VDC with the 3B and H55F.

If you need to get her running then first see if you can get it running like it is, then see what doesn’t work. Looks like they haven’t been used in a while. I wouldn’t worry about the plug for now if there aren’t any mates near it. The bigger wire probably used to go to a relay or from a relay.

Had a look at my BJ73 3B:
- Small brown cable goes on a screw of the intake manifold. Kind of a ground or possibly electric noise cancelation.
- one B-W (black with white strip) has a connector and goes to the starter, relays I think.

There is a thing scrwed into the top of the intake manifold, right side. I think that's the glowplug resistor.
- Two big ones go to that glowplug resistor.
--- One goes on top and
--- one to the bottom, to a metal bridge that goes to the far end of the positive bridge that connects the glow plugs (at glow plug 1).
- The two cable connector splits into two cables. Which both eventually also go to the glow plug positive bridge but in different locations:
--- One to the bridge next to the resistor (bottom , revited on there) and
--- one to the bridge that connects the glow plugs, between 1 and 2 plug.
But I can't tell the color code (all wrapped in mine)
20220822_174941.jpg

The two cables next to the hoses on the right are coming from that 2-cable connector.
The one on the far right doesn't attach to the insulation post that is about in the middle of the pic, but passes and then goes to the glow plug positive bridge, where it connects to it between glowplug 1 and 2 ( welded on under it) just in front of that other insulation post (not to thst post!).
The two insulation posts hold a bridge that goes from the resistor bottom (bend visible between the two cable pairs) to that last insulation post and then to glowplug 1 (far right) where it connects to the glowplugs positive bridge.
Hope that help Ralf

Had a look at my BJ73 3B:
- Small brown cable goes on a screw of the intake manifold. Kind of a ground or possibly electric noise cancelation.
- one B-W (black with white strip) has a connector and goes to the starter, relays I think.

There is a thing scrwed into the top of the intake manifold, right side. I think that's the glowplug resistor.
- Two big ones go to that glowplug resistor.
--- One goes on top and
--- one to the bottom, to a metal bridge that goes to the far end of the positive bridge that connects the glow plugs (at glow plug 1).
- The two cable connector splits into two cables. Which both eventually also go to the glow plug positive bridge but in different locations:
But I can't tell the color code (all wrapped in mine)
View attachment 3093962
The two cables next to the hoses on the right are coming from that 2-cable connector.
The one on the far right doesn't attach to the insulation post that is about in the middle of the pic, but passes and then goes to the glow plug positive bridge, where it connects to it between glowplug 1 and 2 ( welded on under it) just in front of that other insulation post (not to thst post!).
The two insulation posts hold a bridge that goes from the resistor bottom (bend visible between the two cable pairs) to that last insulation post and then to glowplug 1 (far right) where it connects to the glowplugs positive bridge.
Hope that help Ralf
I can’t delete this response… ?

So this is what I was left with from a PO…

View attachment 3094572
In your pic you see the resistor on top of the manifold (that hex screw thing).
Obviously it had been deleted by PO.
I have no idea why and what that means.
The single stud on the right is the insulation post which is supposed to support a bridge from the resistor lower section, pass the injector lines, to where in your pic the cable is attached at glow plug one. That one comes in two parts and is completely missing.

You say, this was left behind by PO?
That cable is black-blue. What's on it's other end? I suppose, it's cut. If so: that's your black-blue from your harness, I guess.
Originally it is supposed to go to the bottom of the resistor.
And then, the black-red is supposed to go on top of the resistor.

I however have no idea how to deal with the bypassed resistor (which is likely to be toast).

Here are the parts diagram and the electrical wiring diagram.
Screenshot_20220823-084020_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20220823-084137_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

On the parts diagram i noted:
The two-wire connector on your harness is supposed to connect to the 'Glow plugs current sensor' 28631.
In my earlier post I said on this:
Obviously these 'two cables' come as part 28631.. and are missing on you, too.

This is all I can do for you, I guess. I only can tell what the factory setup was, but can't help on the makeshift setup you have in your truck right now.
If you need more pics of the factory setup: Let me know.
Good luck Ralf

Here are the parts diagram and the electrical wiring diagram.
View attachment 3094630
View attachment 3094629
On the parts diagram i noted:
The two-wire connector on your harness is supposed to connect to the 'Glow plugs current sensor' 28631.
In my earlier post I said on this:

Obviously these 'two cables' come as part 28631.. and are missing on you, too.

This is all I can do for you, I guess. I only can tell what the factory setup was, but can't help on the makeshift setup you have in your truck right now.
If you need more pics of the factory setup: Let me know.
Good luck Ralf
Yes the PO did all this. The black blue wire is attached to the glow plugs. This is one big cluster Phuk. It starts and runs fine. Yes pics would work. Ty

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom