When do you know that you need front suspension work?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So I have never owned a car long enough to worry about front suspensions, but...I have 2010 LC with 133K miles. It seems to be just a little more bouncy than it used to be on the front end, although it could purely be my imagination. Is there a point in time that the average LC needs to shock/struts/tie rods/other suspension parts, or am I still a ways off from having to worry about that? I do very little off-roading, although I took it fly fishing a few weeks ago and did a grand total of probably 80 miles of "washboard" gravel road, and hated every second of it for my rig.

The only things that I have had to repair on this car have been a new heater blower and a new radiator.

Any advice or thoughts on this? Thank you!

lc.JPG

Best color!

Like lots of things, it depends. My stock shocks were shot at 105k miles. I put on
a King 2.5 setup, and am overjoyed with how much better they are. I look for excuses to blast down dirt roads with washboard and potholes now. :)

4E56F268-3DA0-4A46-A77F-E25EE046A49A.jpeg

Tire pressure too high?

I just got Michelin LTXs and they are at 38 pounds. Is that correct?
Seems a bit too much. Try 32 lbs and see if that makes it ride better. I live on washboarded dirt roads and air pressure makes a huge difference on ride quality.

I'd ask @gaijin for the RCTIP. Those pressures sound way too low.

There should be a sticker on the driver's door that recommends a PSI. It may be different depending on rim and tire size.

38 may or may not be correct for the road, (ask @gaijin) but for "80 miles of "washboard" gravel road "" you'll definitely want to air down. My LX does great on gravel roads and pot holes at full hwy pressure, but it is completely useless on washboard unless it is aired down. It feels like it has to do with rebound damping but I a no suspension expert. (20-25 psi and I barely feel the washboards and it tracks beautifully)

I just got Michelin LTXs and they are at 38 pounds. Is that correct?

Hard to say without knowing the exact size for those tires. If you want the Recommended Cold Tire Pressure (RCTIP) for tires on your 2010 LC200, just reply to this post with the EXACT tire size and model - this is important. Following is a correct tire description:

Michelin Defender LTX M/S 285/60R18/XL 120H

And confirm they are for your 2010 LC200 and NOT for an LX570.

Ready and waiting ;)

38 may or may not be correct for the road, (ask @gaijin) but for "80 miles of "washboard" gravel road "" you'll definitely want to air down. My LX does great on gravel roads and pot holes at full hwy pressure, but it is completely useless on washboard unless it is aired down. It feels like it has to do with rebound damping but I a no suspension expert. (20-25 psi and I barely feel the washboards and it tracks beautifully)
I don't feel like it should be necessary to air down for mild conditions like that. I can run 60 mph on dirt washboard road, with street pressures (~45 psi cold) and don't have any issues. But I have a suspension tuned for that purpose...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom