wheeling this weekend? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I saw this, but I am scrambling to get ready for CMCC... have lots to do before then, so will not be going.

Been on a parts ordering spree this week: wiring harness, rollcage tie-ins/spreaders/gussets, traction bar sleeve/bushing, bumper/carrier parts, and a gas tank vent valve. The trick will be prioritizing tasks and keeping momentum up.

PJ: you still check your msn email? Was asking if your TIG can weld stainless. This is actually one of my top priorities, so i gotta find _someone_ that can. LMK! :cheers:

Yes!
What do you whant welded and how long do I have, and the all important question---- how much money you got?

Yes!
What do you whant welded and how long do I have, and the all important question---- how much money you got?

I need a Stainless bung welded to my Stainless tank. I'm starving for fuel when facing downhill... even with a full tank:

The tank is long, front-to-rear. My rollover vent valve is at the front, and when facing downhill the vent closes (from fuel shifting forward due to the length of the tank: as if it were a rollover condition)... the pump then creates a vacuum and can't pump... so i need to add another vent at the rear of the tank.​

If I empty the tank and fill it with water, think you could weld this on for me? I'd like to have this done soon so it can dry out well (from the water) before CMCC; it's a 1/4" bung... should take maybe 5 minutes.

Gimme a ring & LMK if you're willing, and how willing :)beer: or, yes, i'd even pay $ ...I gotta git'r done).

Wed is the 4th
Pj do nothing on holidays:)

Drill the hole first and if you do not blow-up let me know.
I still do not like the idea of welding on a tank that has had gas in it but if you can drill the hole and nothing happens ok. Just make shure that your body is not between the tank and a wall.

BE CAREFUL

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom