wheel width choices (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

[quote author=milesstarkey link=board=1;threadid=11366;start=msg103469#msg103469 date=1076549326]
correct ones from the start. if i never plan on running anything wider than say 12.5", what would be correct back spacing? same question on 14.5" cuz i haven't decided yet.
[/quote]

What size tire are you talking about... 18x39.5x15 boggers?

i'm still researching what actual tire i want, because i will drive it to work every day and mud/trail on the weekends, (probably a super swamper slt or irok), but i was looking at 35/12.5/15 vs 38.5/14.5/16.

12.50's, I run on an 8" wheel, and the 14.50's, I run on a 10" wheel, no problems.

Do not let the tire rats tell you otherwise...Many besides me have done this for many, many years without issues...

Good luck!

-Steve

MS-

What is with the linky link no work to your truck??

ok, but my question was what would be the correct back spacing? now wheel width. what is linky link?

time is money i know, but i plan on making my own wheel spacers. I figuered it wouldn't be a big deal. the price on the wheels is delivered, and instead of screwing with some big online warehouse, i just walked next door and ordered them, i can live with that for the convinience.

[quote author=milesstarkey link=board=1;threadid=11366;start=msg103508#msg103508 date=1076552006]
ok, but my question was what would be the correct back spacing? now wheel width. what is linky link?
[/quote]

3.5" BS would clear the tie rod ends very well..

2.0" BS would give you 4" wider stance, for more stability according to some..

I built Dana 60 axles that are 6.75" wider than stock overall, for more stability..I used to run a 3.5" BS 15x10 black steel wheel with 15x42x15 swampers, and now run trailready bead lock 15x10 with 3.50" BS.

The link is in your profile of your Land Cruiser (FJ40)...

Seems to not work...

-Steve

[quote author=tewlman link=board=1;threadid=11366;start=msg103518#msg103518 date=1076552693]
time is money i know, but i plan on making my own wheel spacers. I figuered it wouldn't be a big deal. the price on the wheels is delivered, and instead of screwing with some big online warehouse, i just walked next door and ordered them, i can live with that for the convinience.
[/quote]

If they can get you these, I would see about the availability of a 2.0" BS, through them. I agree on supporting a local shop completly.

-Steve

yeah, can you imagine the s*** i'd have gone thru to return the 10's to 4 wheel parts or someone like that, paying freight 4 times! ouch :(

REAM REAM REAM....

And that is if they even let you return them...

my landcruiser isn't worth reporting on yet. it's been parked for over 6 months. still trying to get my automatic installed. but planning for the future. problem is, i can't weld.

does anyone make black wheels without the dumb red pin stripe?

not just red, it has a blue stripe too. yippee
you'd think someone would make them without it

[quote author=milesstarkey link=board=1;threadid=11366;start=msg103542#msg103542 date=1076553916]
[/quote]

Get it into the rocks and mud. You will not even be able to tell that they are there....

[quote author=milesstarkey link=board=1;threadid=11366;start=msg103542#msg103542 date=1076553916]
[/quote]

Dude, if your junk don't run....worry about that!!! :p

[/quote]
4 wheel parts does. Go to the very top of this page, click on Cruiser Facts. At the very bottom is the p/n for the 4wheel parts wheel.

i'd go 8. i got 10 and i am not so sure that i like them because they just wont look right with a 10.50 width tire

Personaly I do not like the idea of wheel spacers.

Many people have run them with a lot of success. But the whole idea of having another set of lug nuts that you cannot easily get to to tighten makes me nervous..

My latest set of rims are 12 bolt hummer rims that I am going to recenter for the width that I want. I considered the spacer concept but eventually decided against it.

4 wheel parts makes nothing themselves. I bet your tire guy can get the same 2" BS rims.... (there are only a few companies that actually make the shells.)

Poser,
Does that mean that you would recommend 33X10.50's on the stock 6.5 inch 60 wheel?

33X10.5 a good to go, ive read a lot of people having them on there rig with no problem. ive ran my 31s by 10.5 for over a year with out a problem even at low pressure, on my stock 60 rim. just my .02 tho
-al

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom