Wheel/Tire/Lift Question. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Sorry if this could be answered elsewhere but I am really not sure. I have a 2008 GX470 non-KDSS, currently stock with rear air suspension. I have around 160k miles and the suspension is fairly worn out. I am considering an OME 2" lift with the metaltech rear coil conversion. I also want to add a set of Icon Vector 6 17x8.5" wheels with 0 offset. Would Falken Wildpeak A/T3W 275/70R17s fit on this setup without having to remove the running boards and trim/use a heat gun? This is a 32.4" diameter tire. I have young children so I want to keep the running boards for now if possible.

I went one size smaller......LT 265-70x17's.....for that reason......wanted no fit issues

Wheels are Fuel 17x8.5" w/+7 offset....very slight full lock rub....tires are 31.8" IIRC

New spare did not fit underneath....factory tow hitch.....if that's a concern...

I used Iron Man Nitro 2" lift w/bag delete kit......Goodyear Ultra Terrains....yes '11 GX 460

NTnuGAj.jpg

Can’t comment on your proposed set-up, other than to say I have 255/75-17 (32.1”) on my 2005 (with KDSS) and an Iron Man Nitro 2” lift. Stock 4-runner rims. They fit fine, with no rubbing. I did not need to do any cutting, bending, etc.
However, Armed in Utah brings up a good point for you to consider...the spare tire.
Mine fits, but barely. Had to get the truck up in the air to get the spare in place...and it took two guys to do it, plus my wife cranking on the lift mechanism. No way one person could do it laying under the truck. It’s a very tight squeeze...
To fit your larger size, you may need to deflate it some.
Good luck

Depending on what hitch you have, the spare may fit. I have a 255/80r17 Fallen Wildpeak on the stock wheel tucked up in the spare location. I have the smaller hitch that bolts to the very back of the frame. It is inflated just enough to not set off the tpms and just touches the rear panhard at times

Thanks everyone for the input. I may just go with 265/70R17 Falkens. It feels conservative but maybe just because I park next to a 2010 Wrangler with 285/75R17 Nittos every day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom