What's the deal with the transmission filter? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I just wanted to get some feedback because I was having a conversation with a guy about the FJ cruiser and he was trying to tell me there was a transmission filter and a pre-filter, however I have always been under the impression that they have a metal strainer.

It looks like a filter, but it does not have the same internal foam that a normal transmission filter has. For that reason it's just going to catch bigger stuff and not be a part that needs to necessarily be changed like a traditional transmission filter.

I did the Toyota flush on mine with the BG cleaner last year. Everything went great and I never had another shudder out of my transmission.

Am I wrong about this? Or is my logic good?

To my knowledge, it just has the metal screen that is accessible once you drop the pan. I've never heard of, nor seen any other filter on the A750.

Trans-PhI (5).JPG

Trans-PhI (4).JPG

To my knowledge, it just has the metal screen that is accessible once you drop the pan. I've never heard of, nor seen any other filter on the A750.

Thanks! That is exactly what I thought. Even the toyota part call it a "strainer". I just wanted to make sure I wasn't passing bad scoop.

Screen Shot 2019-09-18 at 10.46.22 PM.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom