what's it worth ? 1985 bj60 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

alberta mac

addicted but not cured
Threads
Website
forum.ih8mud.com
I have an 85 bj 60 that had a cylinder head job done at 500,000km it now has 600,000km on it. There are upgraded doors that have power windows, factory 5 speed, has air conditioning but needs charging. good frame, 1/4 panels need work. Has an aftermarket Old Man Emu suspension on it so it can take some larger tires. Second owner only light off-roading, camping and construction sites. rarely put in 4wd. original paint. light blue interior, blue dash.
I'm looking to sell as I need the space and wondering how much it could get ? Photos to come

85 Hanna.JPG

85:bj60 H 1:4.jpg

85bj60 ds door.jpg

85:60 H door.jpg

85:60 hood.jpg

Last edited:
Pictures really help. It’s hard to say.

Last I checked a very decent truck Is like $20,000

$1000 USD

Got my check book right here...

wow that has significant rust. The bottom half would half to be replaced to get life out of it. I wouldn't pay more than 5k for it (closer to $3500). My .02 cents worth.

3-5k is absolutely insane for these trucks.

However I have seen worse go for more.

This is my BJ60, I paid $2500 for it.

I think $3500 is a fair price.

B270E26E-7065-4D61-B62A-0DA3A31A90F5.jpeg

3K max. But I think that's even a bit high. With that body, and those kms on the drivetrain, there's not a lot here. Plus these pictures are 3 years old. It probably hasn't gotten better in that time.

Is there a big difference between BJ and FJ prices?

In the real world, any vehicle nearing 400,000 miles is a phenomenal achievement. if that’s a current picture gassing up at the pumps, you and its past owners should receive the highest of maintenance acolades. Best wishes for a successful sales endeavor. Hope it goes to a worthy & very wealthy owner.

Is there a big difference between BJ and FJ prices?
Not a lot in my opinion. The diesel/5 speed combo will likely fetch a bit of premium over the 2F and 4 speed, but all the usual criteria apply. Condition, maintenance history, mileage. But the biggest thing for these is always the rust. Mother nature wants this particular truck back, so the value here is mostly in the drivetrain, and to a lesser degree the suspension if in good shape. My opinion only.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom