What to look for? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Considering an engine swap, maybe a 13bt or 1hdt. Being in Costa Rica, what models came with these engines so I can keep a look out in the local yards. If there is an easier swap into a 40 with a stock B that is affordable and has a good power increase, the info would be appreciated.

Tapage will know I'm sure.

What have you actually seen around CR? My impression from Nicaragua is that they only got the n/a workhorse engines--1HZs in 70 series pickups were the standard I believe. I did see a Prado and with a Hilux with a D4D, but that was rare.

B

Alot of the older diesels came naturally aspirated to Central America so I don't know if the 13B-T or 1HDT is normally imported. I am sure though that you can get either one from the local engine importer.
The D4D is the new engine and is becoming quite common. I had a HiAce 17 passenger van with one last weekend. It's not too bad once you get the speed up. I found it a little lacking in low end torque though (I had to work the clutch and fuel to get going on a hill or two fully loaded).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom