what to clean small military stove tank with?? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I just bought a small Military 1 burner gasoline stove and wondering what I can use to clean inside of aluminum tank with for it has some old dried up fuel in it. This thing is a M-1950 and is very small like MSR back pack burner. And though it says gasoline I am wondering if I can use white fuel instead??

Rob

would try some carb cleaner in the tank. flush out and let dry also clean out needle and generator. most of those have a spare stored on the stove it self.

I have a Svea 123 with a brass tank and I used a strong solutioin of citric acid to clean the inside. I bought a bottle of the concetrated powder from my pharmacist. If you do it, mix two tablespoons to a cup of water. Don't get any on you...it'll burn.;)

I just bought a small Military 1 burner gasoline stove and wondering what I can use to clean inside of aluminum tank with for it has some old dried up fuel in it. This thing is a M-1950 and is very small like MSR back pack burner. And though it says gasoline I am wondering if I can use white fuel instead??

Rob

The stove will run white gas, MOGAS, and leaded and unleaded gasoline.

coleman or white gas would be the best as it doesn't have the fuel additives as gasoline

thanks all, I will clean and I plan on using only white gas in it for my lanterns use it as well.

Thanks
R

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom