What should I buy, 55, 60, 80 please help? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Been through this myself. I even put my 60 in the paper to sell when I got so frustrated with it. It is an 84. Yes, the bastard year that doesn't take a bolt in H55F and can't take a sway bar. :doh:

When I put it in the paper I found an FZJ80 with lockers in factory black. Yep, pretty rare and it was CLEAN (although a little expensive)! There was NO reason I shouldn't have bought that 80... but I didn't. Why... it is the fact that it just didn't feel like my 60. No 4 on the floor to throw around... no loud noise when going down the street in 2nd gear to annoy my neighbors... It had POWER windows! Eeee Gads! What am I to do with those? No choke... well my wife might actually start it without a choke!

After driving that 80, I took my 60 out of the paper... Now, I just need 3 more years until I can do a full desmog and a carb rebuild. Then... I will put 34" tires on it for a poor man's overdrive and perhaps an extended fuel tank.

Funny... I got no bites out of the paper, but I get plenty of offers to buy it from buddies of mine that come back from IRAQ. I wonder why... :cool:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom