what kind of plastic is on radiator? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
i have a 2008 Lexus GX470 that has a microleak at the top of the drivers side radiator near the top hose--wanting to put some kind of epoxy on it, but not sure what kind of plastic this is--anyone have suggestions? This is a short term fix, will sand, clean with alcohol, then either use fiberglass/epoxy, but just wanted to check to see what people had used that had worked. Thank you in advance.

i would just use jb weld or some sort of similar epoxy. are you sure that the rad is leaking, ive see the hose get porous internally and youll get coolant leaking out the hose ends at the internal fibers in the hose

i would just use jb weld or some sort of similar epoxy. are you sure that the rad is leaking, ive see the hose get porous internally and youll get coolant leaking out the hose ends at the internal fibers in the hose
I had a diesel mechanic Sunday confirm it, it's not the hose. He is the one suggested finding out what kind of plastic it is for me to find the right epoxy.

I had a diesel mechanic Sunday confirm it, it's not the hose. He is the one suggested finding out what kind of plastic it is for me to find the right epoxy.

go with jbweld or some similar epoxy, clean and prep with a lighter abrasive and have at it

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom