What is the part number of this battery terminal cap? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My 06 LX doesn't have this cover. However I do see this cap in some LX. Anyone knows about the part number of the cap? thanks!

Untitled.jpg

Any reason to replace that fusible link for preventive maintenance purposes or just let it ride out? I haven't really seen of many issues/failures with that part.

Any reason to replace that fusible link for preventive maintenance purposes or just let it ride out? I haven't really seen of many issues/failures with that part.
The link itself is good. I just need the terminal cover from safety concern. Positive terminal should never be exposed. During crash that the hood or other structure metal parts have very big chance touching the positive terminal to cause fire. pity that toyota doesn't sell the cover cap separately.

Right on....I was wondering for other folks like myself . Just noticed the part wasn't that pricey and didn't know if it was a maintenance item . Figured if it's clean an woking should be fine

On my son’s 2000 TLC, I used a Toyota PN 8282160041. It’s not exactly the same as the one on my 2006 LX, and it doesn’t clip/hinge to the fusible link, but it does do the job.

0AE38240-FBB1-4412-9BED-E759F7E41B83.jpeg

Maybe check out the part out section of the classifieds forum. Maybe someone is parting out a 2003-2007 100 series, they might still have it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom