What flats are you using..... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Figured I would throw an update...
Been running the Xpedo Spry since late last year and they were ok. Lugs strip out of the magnesium pretty easily to the point where I now cannot install a pin on my right pedal because I have hit the spot with pedal strikes enough times. They worked ok with my 5.10 Freeride VXi but just never seemed to have super grip just allowing me to pop around when I would hit a rock in the trail strangely.

For Christmas my wife and FIL got me some new shoes (Adidas Terrex Trail Cross SL) and new pedals (DMR Vault). Just got the Vaults yesterday and installed last night. I got the Adidas on Christmas and have ridden with them a couple times, I thought the shoes sucked simply because the pins in the pedals would slip around in between the lugs on the Adidas allow my feet not to stick of have much traction, was literally thinking about sending them back. Then last night I put the Vaults on and HOLY HELL BATMAN!!!! From the moment I planted my foot on the pedal it felt like I was in clips, foot did not move AT ALL unless I physically pulled it off the pedal to move it. Really hoping that the weather holds out this weekend so I can go for a trail ride and see how the combo works, but I think I am going to love this setup.

I went with Deity V2 Compound pedals. Work great for the price and weight. I got the Chester’s for my wife’s bike. I put them on my bike to try out first and was going to keep them if I liked them better, but still liked Deity better. I have a fair amount of money into all our bikes, but can’t really see the advantage of metal over composite pedal for us.

Agreed, good plastic pedals (like the RF Chester) are the business.

Light, strong, cheap... choose three!

Diety Bladerunners here, but I'm real impressed with their poly/composite pedals too, esp for the $$$.

I'm consolidating down my # of bikes to 2, the poly Diety will be on it.

Diety in general.

Redline Monster. Tons of people up here are using them even many “pro” riders. I put them on 2 bikes and honestly they are great. It may seem a little strange seeing a $30 pedal on a $5k-$10k bike but for trail and a fat bike they are hard to beat.

Redline Monster. Tons of people up here are using them even many “pro” riders. I put them on 2 bikes and honestly they are great. It may seem a little strange seeing a $30 pedal on a $5k-$10k bike but for trail and a fat bike they are hard to beat.
LOL... not any stranger than seeing said $5k-$10k bikes attached to a vehicle for transport to trail that didn't cost the owner more than $2k..

Crank Brothers Stamp 7s. Found them for $90 online. They are awesome.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom