what causes susp lean?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
After spending the whole day on my knees and back at my folks place replacing the scary shackles and busings that came with my truck (HZJ73) - I was bummed out to see that I have about 2" lean measured from the bottom of the mirrors. RHD (drivers) side is the lower. Dam! What causes this besides a 500 lb previous owner? I cant tell if the springs are stock or not. Glad to get rid of those friggen old shackles though...

The RH front drivers bushing hanger *may* be bent a little bit - it is hard to tell, but if it was, would it cause "the lean".

Cheers buds,
Johnny

you are....

the springs on the drivers side have settled out because of the drivers continual weight on the drivers side springs. you can buy spring kits that allow for this and keep the frame a even distance from the ground.

OK GB, pretty much what I figured.

i think the ones with the originals or "old" lift kits lean whether its lhd or rhd to the drivers side. you can get a little spacer that goes on the spingpack or new springs.had to do that with the 40 years ago. the prado does it to, the funny thing is on the true flat it looks level otherwise most of the time it looks like something is bent.
aaron

ignore it. Just load your equipment/tools to the other side.

Dam! What causes this besides a 500 lb previous owner? I cant tell if the springs are stock or not. Glad to get rid of those friggen old shackles though...

The RH front drivers bushing hanger *may* be bent a little bit - it is hard to tell, but if it was, would it cause "the lean".

Cheers buds,
Johnny

Maybe two 300 pounders had sex regularly on your drivers seat LOL.

You could try swapping springs over. Others have had success pulling the spring packs apart and cleaning and greasing them,lot of work though.

Try measuring from some other places like the frame and axle distance or the centre of headlights to ground, front and rear.

ignore it. Just load your equipment/tools to the other side.

You bet BB - hopefully this year we'll get into the Telkwa Pass together with your 60 and this beast!
:beer:
Johnny

You bet BB - hopefully this year we'll get into the Telkwa Pass together with your 60 and this beast!
:beer:
Johnny

I'm hoping so.

I'm slowly getting there. This summer for sure I am done.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom