West NC trails and camping (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

JTU

SILVER Star
Threads
Hey guys,

I'm trying to gain some knowledge of the area of western NC for an upcoming labor day weekend trip. I'm coming from MS where most of my time is with Cottonland Cruisers. I don't have any set destinations yet but I would like to stay in the Bryson City or looking glass, possibly Pisqua NF area. I will be in my (mostly) stock 4runner so I cant do as hard of trails as I wish I could if I would bring my 80. Do any of y'all have any recommendations of good forest service road and campsites to escape the labor day weekend rush?

Any tips or recommendations are highly appreciated!

Hey! Welcome!

Check out Round Mountain Campground (in TN, Cherokee NF), then also Max Patch. Tons of gravel roads in that area.

Adding that to my notes @GLTHFJ60 . In one of the seasons of Mountain State Overland they were in that area of Del Rio and it looked awesome. I have been in the area a ton of times but never took that time to explore the backroads.

Howdy from a "raised in Natchez". Be sure to grab some good maps. The Gazetteer is a bit outdated for the area, but I understand the NatGeo sheets are good. The only thing I can add is to grab a beer at Sierra Nevada.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom