Weatherproof cover (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

TexYoung

SILVER Star
Threads
Where is the best place to get a waterproof cover for my FJ40? I have the hard top off and half doors and want something to keep the pouring rain out. Just looking for function not beauty. Thanks!

Here's a full cover for $104
Protective FJ40 Cover

coolfj40_2269_353728283

If you want WATERPROOF and long lasting, buy some Marine Sunbrella fabric on Ebay and sew it up yourself using Sunbrella thread. They have 10 year no-fade no-rot warranty on the material. I make my own car covers that way and they last many times longer than anything I have ever bought as a "car cover".

EDIT: After submitting the answer above, I went to Ebay and searched "Sunbrella marine" and found that some Textile company has hijacked the word Sunbrella in their listings by using the phrase "Sunbrella like". As nearly as I can tell, their product is not an acrylic like the real thing. You want acrylic. Sorry I misled you on a source.

Doug

Last edited:
If you want WATERPROOF and long lasting, buy some Marine Sunbrella fabric on Ebay and sew it up yourself using Sunbrella thread. They have 10 year no-fade no-rot warranty on the material. I make my own car covers that way and they last many times longer than anything I have ever bought as a "car cover".

EDIT: After submitting the answer above, I went to Ebay and searched "Sunbrella marine" and found that some Textile company has hijacked the word Sunbrella in their listings by using the phrase "Sunbrella like". As nearly as I can tell, their product is not an acrylic like the real thing. You want acrylic. Sorry I misled you on a source.

Doug
I will try to find this stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom