SOLD Washington DC/NoVA 1993 Pickup (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Not sure how big mud is for pickups but as I only belong here (and not to any other toyota forums) and have had good luck parting out my cruiser (1990 FJ62), figure I would see what sort of traction I get here.

Grabbed this non-running (ran when parked) 93 single owner pickup because he didn't really want it to bother with it and I love toyota 4x4s (and most everything really).... I was going to get it going for my sister and after I got it running I asked her if she wanted it. She loves the truck but she is not one to tinker with cars so reluctantly turned it down. So I started tearing it down further not really knowing what I would do with it and found a couple holes in the fuel tank, found a small hole in the rear diff (still holds oil and very fixable). Honestly, I don't want the truck for myself and if my sister wanted it, I wouldn't hesitate to redo the entire thing... But none of those are there, so I think the best thing it to part it out.

Going into it I knew there was a hole in the frame right above the front driver sides leaf spring perch but other than that the frame is pretty solid.

Truck is very complete other than the fuel tank. (yes, I have the bed and while the rails need some work, its body panels are in remarkably good shape)

The good-
-for an east coast/mid-Atlantic truck... the body is remarkably clean (needs paint and has a couple of very small spots of rust)
-truck runs and drives with no issues. Previous owner (who I have known for years and have no reason not to believe) says he replaced engine with a rebuilt (or low mileage, cant remember the exact conversation. will run a compression test on it later if I have the right hookup) 22RE and he put less than 10k on it... no way to really verify but it sounds and runs great.
-Truck is mostly there, maintained and unmolested... it appears he just drive it as he got it from 93

The bad-
-hole in frame on rear leaf perch (easily fixable), no other holes I have seen... just rusty
-fuel tank is trash
-rear diff has small pin hole on top
-bumpers are trash, brake lines are trash, fuel lines are trash
-front upper and lower control arms are probably trash
-Basically everything bolted to the frame other than the body and drivetrain is rusted

Overall I would say the value in this truck is that its complete and runs. So if your local (DC area), the drivetrain and body are really what is shining on this truck.

Shipping and pricing- this is how I did my land cruiser and it worked well. Shoot me a PM of what you want and Ill let you know the price. If we agree then Ill let you know what I can get it shipped for and we can go from there. So you pay for part and then shipping on top of that, but will not do anything without your agreement.

I can get photos or details of anything specific if needed.

If you know of a toyota pickup forum that would be good to post this to... please advise. I'm gonna start looking around now at them, but I think some of them are only for Tacoma's.

Karl

PXL_20230524_170636756.jpg

PXL_20230524_170655022.jpg

PXL_20230524_170704299.jpg

PXL_20230524_170712432.jpg

PXL_20230524_171008317.jpg

Couple more things to add about this truck and some more photos.

I got it running and driving before I began to tear it down, 4x4 works (high and low), all drive gears work

-180psi across all 4 cylinders (almost dead on)
-4x4
-its an automatic
-its has 227,936miles on the odo
-I have a video of the engine running and photos of the compression

PXL_20230529_183528962.jpg

PXL_20230529_183617964.jpg

Parts sold, trucks gone!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom