**warning tech!** beadlock question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Driving down the highway yesterday looking in my rearview mirror while i should have been watching the traffic in front of me, i was watching my rear swamper bounce all over the place. i started thinking is it possible to not have the tire centerd on the beadlocks? i never mounted them before so i dont know. i know interco is not known for making round tires, but this seems pretty crazy. so please edumicate me on mounting tires on a beadlock rim.

Yes, you have to center them, and it is very possible they aren't centered up properly.

It's possible. Especially on those old school rims.... probably no centering lip...

More likely it's a swamper thing...

I just mounted mine and you do have to center the bead. My instructions ( I know I loose man points for reading them) stated to start the ring with 2 bolts at 12 o'clock then 2 at 3 o'clock then 2 at 9 then 2 at 6.....tighten them a little at a time while making sure the bead centers. Had to manipulate the tire a bit with a small sledge then as you bring the bolts tight it centers itself the rest of the way.
It is obvious as you look around the outside of the ring if the bead is not center.

I am assuming the beadlock hardware is not reuseable?

Its reusable.

Sweet ill have to mess around with it one of these evenings.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom