Warning light illuminates when center diff is locked. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My dashboard master warning light illuminates (no flashing) when I lock my center diff.
- stays illuminated in 4H and 4L
- when I disengage center diff lock, warning light goes out
- I am in Neutral when locking diff and when switching from 4H to 4L
- I was forced to drive with the warning light on for several hours -- truck seems fine (that was weeks ago)
- tried cycling through a number of different combinations of 4H and 4L, crawl control, turning vehicle off, etc.
- I can hear the diff lock engaging
- no other warnings are displayed on dash
- center diff lock indicator light is illuminated when engaged and goes off when disengaged

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Should I bring to auto store, hook up computer and see what error codes it kicks out?

IMG_3158.JPG

Nothing wrong, it’s how it’s programed.

I know... I thought something was wrong also, but it’s Toyota telling you that, you need to be careful, because your VSC is off.

Edit: press and hold the sway control button next to the center diff lock switch. That turns of VSC also, without locking the center (or how I like to desert drive). You’ll see the master warning light go off also. Again, the master warning isn’t necessarily a bad thing like a check engine. It’s a warning that at that time, the driver needs to understand that all traction systems are not on.

Thank you kind sir. I feel better now. Should have posted in SQOD.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom